|Full Name:||Jonathan David Buck|
|Date of Birth:||November 11, 1974|
|Place Of Birth:||Providence, Rhode Island, United States|
|Age:||43 years old|
|Professions:||Singer, songwriter, and record producer|
|Famous As:||Multiple albums, including Bonafide, Cool Relax, and Pleasures U Like|
|Net Worth:||$4 million|
|Spouse:||Danette Jackson (2007 to present)|
|Social Media:||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, IMDb, Wikipedia|
Who is Jon B?
Jonathan David Buck, better known as Jon B, is a singer, songwriter, and record producer. He is well known for Bonafide, Cool Relax, Pleasures U Like, and Stronger Everyday, to name a few.
Jon B was named Jonathan David Buck on November 11, 1974, when he was born in Rhode Island. He was raised in Pasadena, California. Jon B comes from a musical family; his father was a music professor, and his mother was a concert pianist. Even his siblings were musicians with his sister being a violinist and his brother a cellist.
Jon B was influenced by Duran Duran, Inxs, Marvin Gaye, Michael Jackson, Babyface, Prince, and Sade. After he graduated high school, Job B spent the summer writing, producing and recording 40 songs. He used that demo to approach major record labels.
After catching the eye of Tracey Edmonds, then President and CEO of Yab-Yum Records in 1992, Jon B became a professional songwriter. He began writing for After 7, Toni Braxton, Michael Jackson, Color Me Badd, and the Spice Girls, amongst others.
Then in 1995, he released his first studio album, Bonafide. From that record, the song "Someone to Love" became a hit, and was nominated for a Grammy award. The album itself was certified platinum and was a commercial success.
Jon B released his second studio album, Cool Relax two years later in 1997. This album eventually became his most successful album and was certified Double Platinum by the RIAA.
He continued to release successful albums and write music.
Jon B has been married to Danette Buck since 2007 and has had one previous marriage to singer Musiic K. Galloway.
Jon B proposed to Danette Buck in private before making it public during a Valentine’s Day concert in Las Vegas. The couple has two beautiful daughters together, L’Wren and Azure.
- 1995 Bonafide
- 1997 Cool Relax
- 2001 Pleasures U Like
- 2004 Stronger Every day
- 2006 Holiday Wishes: From Me to You
- 2008 Helpless Romantic
- 2012 Comfortable Swagg
- 1995 Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals for "Someone to Love"
- 1998 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top R&B Artist
- 1998 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top R&B Artists - Male
- 1998 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top Hot R&B Single for "They Don't Know/Are U Still Down"
- 1998 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top Hot R&B Singles Artists
- 1998 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top Hot R&B Singles Artists - Male
- 1998 Billboard Music Award nomination for Top Hot R&B Singles Sales for "They Don't Know/Are U Still Down"
- 1998 Soul Train Music Award nomination for Best Male Single for "They Don't Know/Are U Still Down"
- Was great friends with Tupac Shakur and Michelle Thomas
- He is the second oldest of three siblings - his sister, Deborah, is the oldest, and his brother, Kevin, is the youngest
- Had a studio that burned down and he lost a lot of equipment
- Son of Linda Buck
- Has two daughters: L'Wren and Azure