Brittney Levine and Ryan Adler Get Married 9 Months after Hurricane Florence Forced Them to Cancel Their Wedding
Britney Levine and Ryan Adler were affected by Hurricane Florence last year and caused them to postpone the best day of their lives. Nearly one year later, the couple finally tied the knot in their beautiful wedding.
Britney Levine and Ryan Adler from New York could not push through with their dream wedding after Hurricane Florence caused it to be canceled. The ceremony was supposed to take place at Middleton Place in Charleston, South Carolina, but evacuations became a priority instead.
THE BEST DAY EVER
Nearly one year later, their dream wedding finally took place, and they believe it was “well worth the wait.” Levine told PEOPLE about their "beautiful" ceremony:
“Our day was beyond our wildest expectations. It was honestly surreal. The feelings could not have been more positive, more loving. I was smiling so hard that it was like my cheeks were up to my eyeballs.”
View this post on Instagram
It’s been a little over a month and we can’t believe it still actually happened. Thank you @people for sharing our story and allowing us to relive the best week / weekend of our lives. We wouldn’t have been able to do it without the support of our family and best friends. The love and happy emotions were so palpable throughout the night. My cheeks were up to my eyes. We said our true intentions to each other and listened to the words of our bests in an enchanted @wearepetaloso garden amongst the beautiful @middletonplace All these feelings so perfectly captured by our “lifetime” photog - the incredible @clayaustin Thank you to the best planners in Charleston @pureluxebride and @samjwriggles @middletonplaceweddings for becoming our Southern family. @ayinde.mua @gisellemacri @galialahav thank you for being there throughout the day. My mom, Babs Levine, I owe you everything for being by my side through every detail and vision. Your talent is beyond words and Ry and I are so grateful to have you. ✨✨✨
POSTPONING THE WEDDING
Only four days before their first wedding was supposed to happen did South Caroline Governor Henry McMaster declare evacuations due to the massive hurricane. Middleton Place informed the couple that a cancellation had to be enforced as everyone's safety could not be risked.
View this post on Instagram
So so excited for the wedding of these two lovebirds tomorrow!!! Last September hurricane Florence threw a wrench in their plans and I am just so happy to finally get the chance, to celebrate their love!!!! @brittneyhlevine @pureluxebride @richardphotolab @filmsupplyclub . . . . . . #kodakfilm #filmsupplyclub #filmcommunity #weddingphotographer #engagement #loveauthentic #thatsdarling #filmphotographer #keepfilmalive #fineartweddingphotographer #iammagrougefabulous #charleston #charlestonweddings #destinationweddingphotographer #stylemepretty #engagementsession #engagementphotos #adornyourlove #photooftheday #flashesofdelight #seekthesimplicity #visualsoflife #pursuepretty #neverstopexploring #fineartcuration #thehappynow
“We were sad. We were so excited and had anticipated what was to come for over a year,” Levine told PEOPLE. “We didn’t know the next date that everyone would be available. [My husband] was definitely sad, but he was being strong for the both of us.”
FINALLY GETTING MARRIED
The couple didn’t give up their destination wedding and quickly planned for another date where everyone could be available. On June 22, 2019, they finally said their ‘I do’s’ while family and friends witnessed.
Waiting nine months was a no-brainer decision for the two as they wanted to make sure everyone was in attendance; and in the end, everything turned out "wonderful." Luckily, those behind their production, photographer, band, and florist, were all available on the date.
“It was everything and more than we expected. It was worth the wait. All of our vision, they all came to life. It was was surreal, it was two years, but we definitely would love to live some moments of it again,” Levine added.
Hurricane Florence hit portions of the North Carolina coast and moved at six mph with 90 mph wind speeds. Reports said that the hurricane might cause power interruption for several days.
As #HurricaneFlorence makes landfall, Fox News Channel brings you complete coverage online, on mobile, and on air. @ShepNewsTeam is live with critical updates starting at 12p ET. https://t.co/RmnR1ibnGc pic.twitter.com/jpZ5jn27Wn— Fox News (@FoxNews) September 14, 2018
About 200,000 lost their power in North Carolina that Thursday evening and many proceeded to evacuation areas. Words of caution were given by authorities, including Governor McMaster who said:
“Time is running out. Now is the time to go because that window of opportunity is closing on you very quickly."