A baby was scalded with piping hot water during a family dinner at Queens Applebee's

Employees at an Applebee's restaurant in Queens waited more than 20 minutes to call the emergency number after a little boy burned his chest with hot water during a family dinner.

Everyone knows that accidents can happen at any moment, and it is better to be prepared for any situation, especially if you are in charge of a public place. Employees should be trained on how to handle these important situations.

Unfortunately, an innocent toddler suffered the consequences of having an untrained staff in charge of a restaurant. The personnel proved to be completely negligent during an important situation that involved the well-being of a minor.

A little boy called Cadien Scott Gaffney, 17 months old, believed for a moment that the cup of hot water that a waiter put on the table where he was sitting with his family last Friday was for him, and unfortunately, he spilled it all over his body.

According to NY Daily News, Courtnei Patterson, an intimate friend of the family, explained what happened at the moment of the accident: "the boiling water fell on his chest, his legs, everything," said Patterson. Read more on our Twitter account @amomama_usa.

As Patterson said, the restaurant employees searched for paper towels and ointment to help ease the boy’s pain, but they waited more than 20 minutes to call 911; something they should have done in the first place.

Source: Wikimedia

Source: Wikimedia

The family's legal representative, Sanford Rubenstein, said they will probably sue the restaurant. "The child has suffered terrible burns," he said. "Legal actions against Applebee's will be taken for the actions of its employees."

It is not clear if any member of the boy’s family called the 911 to ask for an ambulance, "Nobody called 911 immediately."  And he continued "everyone was standing there, looking around trying to figure out what to do next.”

Wikimedia

Wikimedia

When the paramedics finally arrived, they did not enter the restaurant. The boy, who was screaming in pain, had to be taken outside to get assistance.

The family’s attorney added that no one at Applebee's restaurant has made contact with the family to ask about the child's health.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and child during this difficult time. We are very saddened about this accident," said Brian Lowe, an Applebee's spokesman on Wednesday.

He stated that: "The safety and security of our guests is always our top priority. We are working closely with authorities and will continue to fully cooperate with their investigation."

The little boy is having a slow recovery. As Patterson said: “This is about to be a long journey for this little baby."

"It's hard. One minute, he'll forget what's going on. He tries to play, because, you know, there are other children. The next thing, he's screaming bloody murder because he's in so much pain. It hurts me. It hurts me so bad just to see that baby in that condition," added Patterson.

Another woman and her baby suffered severe burns while they had dinner at a Chinese restaurant. The waiter placed a teapot filled with boiling water on the edge of a Lazy Susan in the center of the table. But when a friend spun the Lazy Susan, the scalding water spilled all over the mother and her baby.

Related posts
Intimate details of Jayme Closs' long-awaited first meeting with her family after going missing
Jan 18, 2019
Intimate details of Jayme Closs' long-awaited first meeting with her family after going missing
Father of Jayme's abductor cries while waiting to pass a note to the Closs family
Jan 17, 2019
Father of Jayme's abductor cries while waiting to pass a note to the Closs family
Man who stumbled into police station begging for help & water while on Facebook Live dies
Jan 10, 2019
Man who stumbled into police station begging for help & water while on Facebook Live dies
Judge slams woman whose 2 little daughters died in increasingly hot car
Dec 21, 2018
Judge slams woman whose 2 little daughters died in increasingly hot car