Terrifying X-ray of grape stuck in child's throat goes viral as a reminder for parents

Angela Henderson, an Australian blogger, took to Facebook to call the attention of parents and shared an X-ray image of a grape that got stuck in a five-year-old’s throat.

The poor child had a grape that was lodged on his airway and had to undergo an operation to remove the fruit.

Thankfully, his airway was not completely blocked by the grape. If so, the situation could have been much worse.

Henderson grabbed the opportunity to share the story on her public Facebook page, Finlee and Me.

Follow us on Twitter at AmoMama USA for more details and updates.

The blogger reminded the parents that some kids tend to be in a rush when they are eating, particularly in school when they are more interested in heading to the playground rather than eating their food properly.

She also suggested that it would be best just to cut the grapes in half. It also applies to other small foods like baby tomatoes and such.

Henderson hoped that the image would bring awareness to the public to prevent such a terrible thing to happen again.

While grapes can be great and healthy snacks for children, a lot of parents forget how unsafe it can be for the tiny ones if they don’t chew their food properly.

Grapes are considered a choking hazard and are one of the most dangerous foods, as revealed by a study published in the Archives of Disease in Childhood.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

The study became known in public after five incidents of kids getting choked by grapes surfaced where two of the children, unfortunately, died following the accident.

As suggested by Pop Sugar, grapes should be cut first before they are given to children.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

It is also important to remember that grapes should be sliced lengthwise. Doing so will prevent the fruit from being stuck in a child’s throat since the width of a grape equals the size of a little tot’s airway.

Related posts
Father brilliantly ends toddler's public tantrum in viral video
Feb 08, 2019
Father brilliantly ends toddler's public tantrum in viral video
86-year-old woman loses 120 lbs by walking around her 1-bedroom apartment
Jan 25, 2019
86-year-old woman loses 120 lbs by walking around her 1-bedroom apartment
Terrifying video of woman's hair falling out goes viral
Jan 17, 2019
Terrifying video of woman's hair falling out goes viral
Woman shares how popular Christmas meal almost killed her beloved dog
Dec 24, 2018
Woman shares how popular Christmas meal almost killed her beloved dog