logo
twitter.com/ScottMcDonnell_
twitter.com/ScottMcDonnell_

9-Year-Old Girl Unlocks Her Dad's Phone with His Face and Saves the Family

Bettina Dizon
Nov 14, 2021
01:00 A.M.

Jayline Barbosa Brandao was hailed a hero after she unlocked her dad's phone with his face to call 911 amidst a terrible incident.

Advertisement

When kids are taught to call 911 in case of emergencies, they become reliable sources when an unfortunate circumstance calls for it.

Luckily, nine-year-old Jayline Barbosa Brandao still had the presence of mind when her parents could barely move during a nearly fatal incident. At the end of the day, she became their hero.

Jayline Barbosa Brandao smiles for an outdoor photo. | Source:  twitter.com/ScottMcDonnell_

Jayline Barbosa Brandao smiles for an outdoor photo. | Source: twitter.com/ScottMcDonnell_

CARBON MONOXIDE INCIDENT

The Brandao family was left without power for three days after the powerful nor'easter raged across their vicinity. Jayline's mom, Marcelina, revealed that they borrowed a generator set up near the back door of their house for electricity.

After using it for a few minutes, she and her husband unplugged everything and took the machine inside their home for safekeeping. That turned out to be the worst decision they made.

Advertisement

On the evening of October 28, while in bed, Jayline heard her father yelling. "I heard my dad screaming and saw my mom passed out," the young girl said.

A home in Brockton, Massachusetts, polluted with carbon monoxide. | Source: YouTube/LiveNow from FOX

A home in Brockton, Massachusetts, polluted with carbon monoxide. | Source: YouTube/LiveNow from FOX

JAYLINE'S QUICK THINKING

Marcelina, who thought she only had a headache, started to feel numb until losing consciousness. Meanwhile, her husband was also overwhelmed with the carbon monoxide emission in their home.

Another nine-year-old was previously hailed a hero after he saved his relatives from a fire.

Immediately, Jayline grabbed her father's iPhone to call 911, only to find it locked. Thanks to her quick thinking, Jayline held the device up to her father's face to unlock the phone with facial ID and call for help.

Advertisement

THE AFTERMATH

Jayline then got her seven-year-old sister to run outside the house and call for their neighbors' help. Luckily, emergency responders came on time to save the parents.

Marcelina woke up in an ambulance and later learned that her daughter had saved their family. "She was so smart," Marcelina said. "That was very scary. If it wasn't [for] her to call right away, I don't know what would have happened."

According to rescuers, carbon monoxide levels of 1,000 parts per million were detected in the home. Sustained concentrations ranging from 150 to 200 parts per million can be fatal.

Advertisement

TYLER'S HEROIC DEED

Another nine-year-old was previously hailed a hero after he saved his relatives from a fire. When the fire broke out, Tyler Doohan managed to rescue six of his family members.

However, he died while trying to save his disabled uncle from the blaze. His uncle, 57-year-old Steve Smith, and his grandfather, 57-year-old Louis Beach, did not survive as well.

Doohan was undoubtedly a brave child who put the well-being of others before himself. His death saved many others, and he left his family with an admirable legacy.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
info

The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on news.AmoMama.com, or available through news.AmoMama.com is for general information purposes only. news.AmoMama.com does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.

Related posts

Driver Spots a Strange Man with a Crying Kid in Her Bus, Then Remembers the Missing Boy Report in the News — Story of the Day

February 08, 2024

14-Month-Old Toddler Tragically Drowns in the Pool - 1 Year Later His Parents Hear His Heartbeat Again

February 12, 2024

‘Two Pizzas Please,’ Cop Thinks Girl Got Wrong Number until Strange Noises Appear in the Background — Story of the Day

December 15, 2023

Watching TV, Woman Recognises Late Sister's Son Who Disappeared The Day She Died – Daily Drama

February 27, 2024

Dirty Elderly Lady Runs into a Gas Station on Rainy Night, Screaming for Help — Story of the Day

May 04, 2024

My Son Heard His Mom Screaming & Strangers’ Voices, Urging Me Home — What I Discovered Was beyond Belief

February 28, 2024

Couple Adopts a 6-year-old Boy, Finds Him Nursing a Strange Baby in His Room the Next Day – Story of the Day

May 04, 2024

'My Mommy's Not Breathing': Chilling Call 4-Year-Old Girl Made to Emergency Services While Trying to Save Mom

January 18, 2024

Teen Visits Same Coffee Shop Daily, Then Spots Barista Wearing His Missing Mom's Medallion – Story of the Day

December 18, 2023

My Son Disappeared When He Was 15 – 10 Years Later, I Found Out the Shocking Truth

February 27, 2024

My Husband and I Cancelled Our Trip to Give All the Money to MIL to Pay Her Debts - But She Lied to Us

February 26, 2024

Girl Wakes up from Coma and Says, 'I Know the Truth about My Mom' — Story of the Day

April 03, 2024

Happy Couple Shares 10th Anniversary Picture Online, Promptly Gets Flooded with Worried Calls – Story of the Day

February 09, 2024

Happy Couple Shares 10th Anniversary Picture Online, Promptly Gets Flooded with Worried Calls – Story of the Day

April 30, 2024