Black widow spider bite sends 5-year-old girl to the emergency room

The parents thought it was just a normal bug bite but it was actually so much worse.

5-year-old Kailyn Donovan went home one day with a little bruise on the back of her knee. She had spent the day playing outside.

Her mother, Kristine, assumed it was only a bug bite and ignored it.

Soon enough, she received a phone call from Kailyn’s school informing her that her daughter has a fever.

Liftable shared that Kristine and her husband Josh took little Kailyn to the pediatrician. When they got there, the doctor told the parents that it was only a spider bite and gave Kailyn a couple of antibiotics.

The mother and father started to get really worried when Kailyn did not get better at all. They eventually took her to a medical center.

It was later found out that Kailyn had actually been bitten by a black widow spider.

What they thought was only a bruise-like discoloration on their daughter’s leg was really the venom from the deadly spider.

It was a good thing they got to the bottom of the situation earlier. Things would have been much worse if Kristine and Josh did not take action early on.

Although, they expressed their shock that something like that happened to their daughter, especially since they live in Massachusetts.

Kristine and Josh took to social media to urge their fellow parents to go with their gut and be extra careful when it comes to their children’s health.

Kristine said, “If you think it’s something, just keep looking for an answer. I had a feeling it was pretty bad, and I just kept pushing to have it checked out.”

Kailyn is very lucky to have been checked out early. Sometimes when parents worry about their children, it would be best if they follow their instincts.

After a few days of healing, Kailyn is back to her normal and healthy self, ready to play once again.

Related posts
Mysterious Illness Makes 10-Year-Old Girl Speak and Act like a Toddler
Viral Stories Mar 19, 2019
Mysterious Illness Makes 10-Year-Old Girl Speak and Act like a Toddler
Mother Shares 5-Year-Old's Hilarious School Photo and It's Quickly Going Viral
Viral Stories Mar 18, 2019
Mother Shares 5-Year-Old's Hilarious School Photo and It's Quickly Going Viral
Family of girl who died from meningitis ask public to be aware of symptoms
Life Feb 12, 2019
Family of girl who died from meningitis ask public to be aware of symptoms