Mom warns against the dangers of fentanyl by posting a picture of her dying son on Facebook

A Canadian mother opened up about his son who died due to prescription painkillers overdosed.

On April 19, 2017, Sherri Kent posted a photo of her dying 22-year-old son on Facebook to raise awareness of the dangers of opioid abuse, as reported by Liftable.

In the image, Kent is seen laying on a hospital bed, holding Michael Kent, who is intubated and appears to be unconscious.

Kent said that Micheal had taken a fatal dose of fentanyl, a powerful pain medication. Fentanyl is said to be 50 to 100 times stronger than morphine.

'I just want everyone to know that my son Michael overdosed on fentanyl. My son was not an addict he made a mistake that cost him his life,' she wrote.

Kent added that the opioid crisis is killing 5-7 people a day in every city in Canada and that the only way parents can protect their children is by teaching them how bad and dangerous drugs can be.

The mother continued that Fentanyl was on the top of the list of killers in Canada. Her Facebook post went viral, gaining more than 110,000 shares.

In an interview with CBC, Kent explained that the day before Michael overdosed, he and his sister were running errands when they ran into a person who offered them drugs.

His sister forced him to decline and they left that place. But Michael went there the next day and bought the drugs. He took them to a store’s bathroom and overdosed.

“By the time the ambulance got there he was in cardiac arrest,” Kent told CBC.

Once in the hospital, doctors learned that Michael had taken a fatal dose of fentanyl. On March 21, 2017, he passed away.

“Believe me, it was the worst days of my life,” Kent said.

There has been an increasing number of deaths due to opioid abuse in the past few years, mostly in the U.S. Nevertheless, Canada is facing the same problem.

Related posts
Pierce Brosnan's Son Sincerely Opens up about His Struggle with Addiction
Celebs Apr 08, 2019
Pierce Brosnan's Son Sincerely Opens up about His Struggle with Addiction
Mother 'annoyed' passenger while flying with toddler and it encouraged her to write a Facebook post
Feb 06, 2019
Mother 'annoyed' passenger while flying with toddler and it encouraged her to write a Facebook post
Demi Lovato's younger sister breaks silence about her overdose on singer’s 26th birthday
Jan 28, 2019
Demi Lovato's younger sister breaks silence about her overdose on singer’s 26th birthday
Mom banned from seeing her dying 2-year-old son now granted permission to enter the U.S.
Dec 19, 2018
Mom banned from seeing her dying 2-year-old son now granted permission to enter the U.S.

Please disable your AdBlocker

Advertising helps us continue to provide quality content. For instant unlimited access. Please disable your AdBlocker on our site and refresh the page.

If you need help to disable AdBlocker please choose yours: