Terrifying x-ray of 5-year-old reveals why kids should never eat grapes unsupervised

An X-ray photo shared by a blogger shows a grape stuck in a child's throat.

Grapes contain several health benefits, but this fruit can be dangerous if served to children uncut, as reported by Pop Sugar.

Whole grapes can choke the young children to death because it tends to be larger than their airway.

According to reports, the fourth leading cause of accidental death for children under the age of 5 is choking.

Grapes should be sliced lengthwise before served to prevent them from getting stuck in a child's throat.

On April 5, 2017, Australian blogger Angela Henderson shared an image on her personal Facebook account that shows an X-ray of a grape lodged in a 5-year-old boy's throat.

Angela said that she posted the image to raise awareness about the risks of grapes if not served properly by the parents.

"Please be mindful that not all kids chew their food, are in a rush at school to get in the playground, etc.," she wrote. "Please be careful. And when in doubt just cut the damn grapes [and] baby tomatoes."

The blogger explained that the little boy underwent an operation in order to remove the grape from his throat.

"He is VERY lucky that part of his airway was open, or else this could have ended badly," she wrote.

Her post has gone viral with more than 31 thousand shares and more than 5 thousand comments.

One of the most popular comments, by Elaine Roy, reads: "That's scary..I will definitely be cutting my grapes from now on before giving them to my grandkids!"

Another Facebook user, Carole Anderson, wrote: "Anything that is roundish and can block the esophagus, should be cut it half , lengthwise!!"

According to a research from the US and Canada, grapes are behind only hotdogs and sweets as the most common cause of death among children who die in food-related choking incidents.

Related posts
Mom Warns Parents after 2-Year-Old-Son Nearly Dies Days after Choking on Popcorn
Viral Stories Mar 08, 2019
Mom Warns Parents after 2-Year-Old-Son Nearly Dies Days after Choking on Popcorn
Single Mom of 9 Who Never Uses Condoms Reveals Her Kids Eat in Shifts as She Only Has Three Bowls
News Mar 07, 2019
Single Mom of 9 Who Never Uses Condoms Reveals Her Kids Eat in Shifts as She Only Has Three Bowls
86-year-old woman loses 120 lbs by walking around her 1-bedroom apartment
Jan 25, 2019
86-year-old woman loses 120 lbs by walking around her 1-bedroom apartment
Woman shares how popular Christmas meal almost killed her beloved dog
Dec 24, 2018
Woman shares how popular Christmas meal almost killed her beloved dog