logo

Mother shared warning after son ate a burger containing a wire bristle

author
Jun 08, 2018
07:14 A.M.

A Toronto mother named Nadia Fiore shared her son’s story to warn others about the danger of wire-bristled barbecue brushes.

Advertisement

In 2016, Nadia’s son, Anthony, accidentally swallowed a wire bristle that was lodged inside his burger. Then-six-year-old Anthony was immediately rushed to the hospital after one single bite.

The Fiore family were just going to have a typical barbecue night during that summer. They decided to have burgers on the grill.

Anthony’s reaction after he took the first bite of his burger was bizarre, as shared by Nadia.

Talking to CBC News, Anthony described that "it felt like a needle." Nadia shared that they immediately knew something was wrong because Anthony was crying.

Anthony’s parents decided to share their son’s story to CBC News to raise awareness about the dangers of such wire-bristled brushes.

Also, Canadian surgeons have advised the people to throw out the brushes because it can get stuck to barbecue grills and get lodged to food without being noticed.

Advertisement

The doctors confessed that they have not devised a solid process in removing such thin and sharp wires from people’s throats.

As for the Fiore family, Nadia stated, "I hope to have these brushes removed from the shelves, have them banned."

The time between their dinner until the time when Anthony had surgery was 12 hours. They had to wait for a long time since Anthony was transferred to Sick Kids when they initially went to the local hospital.

The surgeons at Sick Kids were the ones who successfully removed the bristle from Anthony’s throat. Although, at the time, it wasn’t completely safe for Anthony just yet.

The doctors feared that he was going to develop a throat infection because of bacteria on the bristle. Unfortunately, he did develop an infection.

Since Anthony’s incident, the entire family hasn’t had barbecued food. Nadia suggested that it had traumatized their son and became nervous to eat any type of food that was cooked from the grill.

For more stories like this, visit our Twitter account, @amomama_usa.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Rich Man Humiliates Poor Family in an Expensive Restaurant, and Waitress Teaches Him a Lesson – Story of the Day

February 12, 2024

30 Waiters and Waitresses Share Shocking Stories of Their Worst Customers

February 01, 2024

Thief Tries to Rob a Wealthy Businessman and Ends Up Saving His Life – Story of the Day

December 27, 2023

Step inside John Legend and Chrissy Teigen’s Lavish Beverly Hills Home with an Indoor Tree

February 07, 2024

Woman Comes Back Home From Work, Finds Naked Homeless Man In Her Bed – Story of the Day

October 31, 2023

People Share Best Loopholes That They Exploited For Years

December 29, 2023

6 People Share the Moment They Realized Their Partner Was 'The One'

January 25, 2024

Woman Shares a Cute Family Video on Social Media, the Next Day the Police Knock on Her Door – Story of the Day

January 24, 2024

My Boyfriend Forces Me to Diet — Story of the Day

December 20, 2023

My Abusive Husband Stormed into My Workplace Threatening Me, I Decided to Fight Back – Story of the Day

February 22, 2024

Rich Man Takes a Girl Away from a Poor Guy, Life Punishes Him – Story of the Day

January 26, 2024

People Share Best Loopholes That They Exploited For Years

November 03, 2023

35 Times People Met Real-Life-Karens Who Think They Own the World

November 28, 2023

Waiter Poisons the Drink of His Evil Boss, Sees that His Daughter is About to Drink It – Story of the Day

January 09, 2024