logo

Tiny girl is only 3 but plays piano like a professional musician

Rebelander Basilan
Jun 24, 2018
07:06 P.M.

At three years old, little Charlotte already wows crowds with her musical gift.

A YouTube video shows the Hong Kong toddler brilliantly playing the piano.

She plays Alegretto in F by J.C.F. Bach, an impressive feat considering that most children learning piano can only play simple pieces like Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater and Chopsticks.

Alegretto in F is a 1700s piece written by Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach, Johann Sebastian Bach's ninth son. It is an elaborate piece that only takes several years to master.

But little Charlotte takes on the piece as though she knows it like the back of her hand. She hums along while playing the piece as though captivated by the music she was making.

Posted to YouTube on June 17, 2014, the video has amassed more than eight million views.

The little girl won the hearts of many people.

YouTube user Isla Reid commented: "I can't even solve math problems and this girl can play the piano... My life is a lie."

"Wow! I love your talent, baby girl. You're such a smart kid with fantastic gifted talent. I envy you. I want to play piano but I really can't do it even if I'm an adult already," wrote Analiza Reyes.

"Wow!!! She is so talented, I can't even do that!" quipped Sydney Smith.

According to Dr. David Geller of Baby Center, brain circuits for learning music mature at the age of three years old.

He cited studies at the University of California suggesting that taking music lessons at the age of three can increase a child's brainpower. Many piano teachers, however, recommend that a child start taking piano lessons at five years old because then their hands are bigger and they are more able to concentrate.

"When your child is ready for more formal training, piano is a good instrument to start with, as the finger movements are less tricky than those for a guitar or violin," Dr. Geller writes.

Read more on our Twitter account @amomama_usa.

Related posts

Billy Joel's Daughter Alexa, 38, Stuns in Figure-Defining Bustier & Pants during a Performance, Sparking Discussion

June 24, 2024

'CSI' Star Gary Sinise's Son Was Paralyzed from Chest Down Yet Kept Doing His One Favorite Thing

April 28, 2024

‘Can You Give Me Your Donut, Sir?’ Rich Man Turns around & Sees His Little Carbon Copy — Story of the Day

May 10, 2024

'Wow': Brad Pitt's Daughter Shiloh Shocks Fans with Her 'Crazy' Dance Moves in Choreo Video

May 15, 2024

Matt Damon’s Rarely Seen Daughter, Stella, 13, Looks like Her Mom in Cute Floral Dress at Sister’s Graduation

June 17, 2024

Students Show Up to Prom in T-Shirts to Raise Money for Their Grieving Music Teacher – Story of the Day

April 25, 2024

Dolly Parton, 78, Dons Tight Pink Outfit as She Transforms into a 'Cake Sales Woman,' Igniting Talks

April 19, 2024

Miranda Lambert, 40, Flaunts Slender Body Shape in Cowboy Outfit, Earning Reactions from Fans

April 24, 2024

'No One Needed to See That': Heidi Klum, 51, Rips off Top, Exposing Bra in Front of Interviewer & Igniting Discussion

June 21, 2024

I Worked Hard to Get My Child Back from a Shelter, but When I Got There He Was Gone – Story of the Day

April 30, 2024

Where Did ‘80s Comedy Icon Rick Moranis Disappear To? — His New Pic after He Was Attacked Thrilled Fans

April 03, 2024

Keith Urban Pays Sweet Tribute to Nicole Kidman at AFI Awards – Inside Their Love Story

June 17, 2024

What Happened to Susan Boyle: From Her Affair with an American Doctor to Losing Her Voice

April 05, 2024

Must-See Pics of This Week: Melissa McCarthy's Fit Figure, Roseanne Barr's Blonde Dreads, Terry Crews' 5 Kids & More

June 14, 2024