logo

Tiny girl is only 3 but plays piano like a professional musician

Rebelander Basilan
Jun 24, 2018
07:06 P.M.

At three years old, little Charlotte already wows crowds with her musical gift.

A YouTube video shows the Hong Kong toddler brilliantly playing the piano.

She plays Alegretto in F by J.C.F. Bach, an impressive feat considering that most children learning piano can only play simple pieces like Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater and Chopsticks.

Alegretto in F is a 1700s piece written by Johann Christoph Friedrich Bach, Johann Sebastian Bach's ninth son. It is an elaborate piece that only takes several years to master.

But little Charlotte takes on the piece as though she knows it like the back of her hand. She hums along while playing the piece as though captivated by the music she was making.

Posted to YouTube on June 17, 2014, the video has amassed more than eight million views.

The little girl won the hearts of many people.

YouTube user Isla Reid commented: "I can't even solve math problems and this girl can play the piano... My life is a lie."

"Wow! I love your talent, baby girl. You're such a smart kid with fantastic gifted talent. I envy you. I want to play piano but I really can't do it even if I'm an adult already," wrote Analiza Reyes.

"Wow!!! She is so talented, I can't even do that!" quipped Sydney Smith.

According to Dr. David Geller of Baby Center, brain circuits for learning music mature at the age of three years old.

He cited studies at the University of California suggesting that taking music lessons at the age of three can increase a child's brainpower. Many piano teachers, however, recommend that a child start taking piano lessons at five years old because then their hands are bigger and they are more able to concentrate.

"When your child is ready for more formal training, piano is a good instrument to start with, as the finger movements are less tricky than those for a guitar or violin," Dr. Geller writes.

Read more on our Twitter account @amomama_usa.

info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Related posts

This Boy, Whose Parents Abandoned Him at 7 Months, Kept Promise to Save Dad’s Life & Became Doting Dad to Own Kids

November 03, 2023

Woman, 38, Gives Birth to 17th Baby & Shows Her House for Her Big Family

January 23, 2024

23-Year-Old YouTuber Marries His Friend's 75-Year-Old Mom to Prove a Point

December 31, 2023

Janet Jackson Welcomed 'Adorable' Son at 50 & Mocked for Being 'Too Old' – Pics of Boy Who Is 6

December 08, 2023

Jennifer Lopez, 54, Rocks an Illusion Top and Leather Pants, Igniting Online Discussion

February 01, 2024

Jennifer Lopez, 54, Rocks an Illusion Top and Leather Pants, Igniting Online Discussion

January 31, 2024

6-Year-Old Texas Boy Dies Months after Alleged Attack by Neighbor with a Baseball Bat

November 17, 2023

Jennifer Lopez Ignites Discussion as Her Face Looks 'Different' in Latest Interview about Her New Album

February 16, 2024

Salma Hayek Thought She Wasn’t ‘Able To’ Have Baby until She Gave Birth at 41 — Pics of Her Daughter at 16

December 26, 2023

Dolly Parton Made a Replica of Her Childhood House, Spending Money to Make It Look Just as Poor – Photos

February 05, 2024

Dolly Parton Made a Replica of Her Childhood House, Spending Money to Make It Look Just as Poor – Photos

January 24, 2024

Matthew Perry's On-Screen Wife Courteney Cox Speaks Out More than 2 Weeks after His Tragic Death

November 15, 2023

Matthew Perry Refused to Cheat On TV Girlfriend Courteney Cox – Inside Their Real-Life Relationship

November 07, 2023

People Share Their Best Jokes to Tell Friends

December 04, 2023