Homemade raspberry vanilla cake recipe
Raspberry Vanilla Cake - made with moist and tender vanilla layers, a refreshing and creamy Mascarpone frosting that pairs so well with the sweet and tart raspberry sauce and fresh raspberries on top.
This cake is a perfect summer treat. For a stunning cake of your own, just follow these simple techniques!
Vanilla Cake Layers
3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp (2g) salt
3 tsp (12g) baking powder
1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 2/3 cups (335g) sugar
2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
1 cup (240ml) milk
25oz (700g) fresh or frozen raspberries
2/3 cup (135g) sugar
2 tbsp (30ml) water
1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
1 pound (500g) Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 cups (560g) heavy cream
3/4 cup (90g) powdered sugar
2 tsp (10g) vanilla extract
1. Prepare the vanilla cake layers. Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease with butter and dust with flour two 9 inch (23 cm) round cake pans.
2. In a medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside until ready to use.
3. In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar and mix to combine. Incorporate eggs one at a time and add vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add flour mixture while alternating with milk.
5. Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let pans cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the cakes from the pan and let them cool completely.
9. Prepare raspberry sauce. Place raspberries, sugar, water and lemon juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil while stirring continuously. Simmer for 20-30 minute until thickens and remove from heat. Sieve to remove the seeds. Set aside to cool until ready to use.
10. Prepare the mascarpone frosting. Beat the Mascarpone cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
11. In another bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the Mascarpone mixture. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the cake.
12. Assemble the cake. Divide each cake layer in two to create four layers.
13. Place one cake layer on your serving plate. Spread evenly 1/3 of raspberry sauce. Using a pastry bag fitted with a ½ inch (13mm) plain tip, spread ¼ of Mascarpone frosting.
14. Add another cake layer and spread evenly 1/3 of raspberry sauce and ¼ of Mascarpone frosting.
15. Add another cake layer and spread evenly the last 1/3 of raspberry sauce and ¼ of Mascarpone frosting.
16. Add the last cake layer on top and decorate with the last ¼ of Mascarpone mixture. Use a spoon to create a flower shape.
17. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
This recipe was shared by Home Cooking Adventure. You can also watch the video for this recipe below:
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories:510, Fat:24.1g, Saturated Fat:14.6g, Carbohydrates:67.2g, Sugar:45.5g, Fiber:2.6g, Protein:8.7g, Cholesterol:123mg, Calories from Fat 217, Sodium 215mg, Potassium 248mg, Vitamin A 17%, Vitamin C 13%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%, Nutrition Grade D, daily percent values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.