logo

13-year-old boy dies after classmates threw cheese at him

author
Feb 01, 2019
01:49 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

A tragic story of a boy who died due to classmates throwing cheese down his shirt.

Advertisement

Kids can be cruel and boys will be boys but this little joke turned into something deadly when a boy's schoolmates decided to play a prank on him.

Follow us on Twitter @amomama_usa to read more about this tragic story.

Advertisement

Many of us suffer from various allergies and are not serious most of the time, but Karanbir Cheema, known by his friends as Karan, suffered a tragic death due to an allergic reaction in Greenford, West London June last year.

This 13-year-old had a severe allergic reaction to a large number of foods such as wheat gluten, poultry and nuts, and all dairy products.

To make matters worse, he also suffered from atopic eczema.

"He was a very, very bright young boy. He was so bright he could have been anything he wanted. I brought him up by myself. I trained him to read all about his condition."

Advertisement

After the incident, he went into anaphylactic shock and was struggling to breathe but they were not sure how severe his condition was. They would soon find out.

Advertisement

Mr. Oppatt said: "The call came in at 11.40am. We arrived on the scene at 11.47am. The call came in as just an allergic reaction.

"On arrival at the scene, I immediately knew it was life-threatening and that the patient had a high risk of going into cardiac and respiratory arrest.

"We were told by school staff that perhaps someone had chased the patient with cheese and had proceeded to throw it down his t-shirt.

"That he had an allergic reaction, that he was itchy, his skin was very hot, and that he was having difficulty breathing."

Advertisement

"Staff had administered two spoons of piriton, an epipen and given him his inhaler."

Mr. Oppatt added: "When we arrived we saw Karan lying on his back on the floor with teachers around him.

"He appeared to be in a state of pre-arrest. He had very slow respiration - he was gasping for air. His skin was red and there appeared to be hives."

When they realized how severe the situation was, Mr. Oppatt went outside to call for help as he was struggling to get a decent reception to get an ambulance who arrived shortly.

When he returned, he was told that their patient had stopped breathing and CPR was started. They gave him adrenaline and also used a defibrillator while they waited for backup.

Advertisement

When he returned, his colleague told him their patient had stopped breathing, so they started CPR, gave him adrenaline and used a defibrillator while they waited for backup.

Advertisement

An additional crew arrived on the scene to assist and Karan was taken on a stretcher to the ambulance but sadly never regained consciousness and died in Great Ormond Street Hospital ten days later with his parents by his side in his hospital bed.

Karen's mother wanted answers and took the matter outside of court. Being a lawyer, this 52-year-old mother was not leaving the matter at that.

Ms. Cheema, 52, said she wants "answers" and talking outside of court, said: "I am devastated as a mother after losing my son and my family have lost their brother."

A family member, who did not wish to be named, said: "I've never met anyone like him in my life. He would have done anything for anyone. He could have been anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement

"He loved taking things apart and putting them back together, he loved music. He would have done something out of this world, he was an extraordinary child.

"He was extremely bright - he knew very well how to manage his condition. He wanted to be a barrister but then changed his mind when he saw the size of the books."

These tragedies happen and those are the times the family pull together and stay strong.

Here's a similar story

in regards to allergies. These are very common and we need to be aware of how to treat people with allergies to not trigger it off and how to take care of ourselves if we have allergies and educate others.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Boy Who Lost Faith after Parents' Death Goes to Church for Help for the First Time in Years – Story of the Day

January 26, 2022

Old Lady Adopts Lost Little Boy with Note in His Pocket, His Mother Returns after 13 Years – Story of the Day

March 25, 2022

Sons Learn Their Old Mom Gave Her $3.7M Mansion to Young Man Who Isn’t Her Child — Story of the Day

February 18, 2022

Twins Send Dad to Nursing Home, Learn He Left Inheritance to Janitor Who Is Their Carbon Copy – Story of the Day

February 13, 2022