Parents of girl who died after eating sandwich reveal heartbreaking final phone call

In 2016, 15-year-old Natasha Ednan-Laperouse passed away after eating a sandwich from Pret a Manger. As it turned out, the baguette had sesame seeds, which she was allergic to. Recently, Natasha’s parents revealed their last phone call.

According to the Huffington Post, Natasha had always been allergic to sesame seeds since she was a toddler. Her parents first found out about her severe allergic reactions to certain foods when she was only six months old.

At the time, she had a terrible physical reaction to a small portion of banana.

From then on, Natasha’s parents have always been careful of the food they give their daughter.

Follow us on Twitter at AmoMama USA for more details and updates.

As for Natasha, she also became vigilant of the food she ingested. She always looked at the labels to make sure nothing she would eat had her allergens.

AN ERROR IN THE SANDWICH’S LABEL

On July 17, 2016, Natasha was about to board a plane bound to France with her father and her best friend.

Before jumping on the plane, the trio stooped at Pret a Manger to eat. Natasha ordered an artichoke, olive, and tapenade baguette since it seemed okay after she checked the label.

During the flight, Natasha started experiencing an allergic reaction to sesame seeds, which was not listed on the label but had traces in the bread. Natasha’s father gave her two EpiPens, but the medication did nothing to cease the reaction.

A junior doctor that was on board and a flight staff worked together and performed CPR on the 15-year-old the entire flight until they finally landed. She was rushed immediately to the hospital, but she was already unconscious at the time.

THE LAST PHONE CALL

While she was in the hospital, Nadim, Natasha’s father, called her mother, Tanya so that she could speak to her daughter for the last time. Nadim knew that they were losing their daughter.

Nadim told his wife, “You’ve got to say goodbye to her now. Don’t lose time. She’s going to die any minute. Say something. Do it right now. She might hear it. The phone is by her ear.”

Sharing her last words to her daughter with the Daily Mail, Tanya said, “I said, ‘Tashi, I love you so much, darling. I’ll be with you soon. I’ll be with you.'” 

“I fell to the ground. I couldn’t talk, I was engulfed with grief. I knew then she was gone — she was dead,” Tanya went on as she recalled that heartbreaking moment.

RAISING AWARENESS

Since then, the family has been fighting to demand clearer labeling on Pret a Manger’s products, as well as convincing the government to have stricter labeling laws.

Natasha’s story was recently brought into the light once again after it was discovered that another person passed away in December 2017 because of the restaurant failed to give the right label to their supposedly dairy-free product.

Meanwhile, a father took to Facebook to convince parents to be vigilant of the food they give their children after he saw molds inside the juice box he was supposed to give his three-year-old daughter.

The company of the juice box, Capri Sun, learned about what happened and released a statement addressed to the public.

Related posts
World News Apr 04, 2019
Mother of Teen Girl Who Killed Herself after School Bullying Found Her Heartbreaking Suicide Note
Life Apr 02, 2019
7-Week-Old Toddler Died after Doctors Couldn't Detect an Infection: 'It Was Too Late for Evi'
Feb 01, 2019
13-year-old boy dies after classmates threw cheese at him
Dec 22, 2018
Story of man who's forced to choose between saving his baby or bleeding wife is heartbreaking