logo

Family's beloved dog dies after eating sausages with a huge amount of rat poison

author
Nov 16, 2018
03:35 P.M.

A German shepherd named Battz passed away after eating sausages that were believed to have been laced with rat poison. The dog’s owner and her family were very devastated.

Advertisement

Kim Unitt from Cornwall, England said the sausages were found in their garden. Supposedly, Battz found the processed meat and scarfed it down not realizing it was filled with poison.

By the time Unitt headed to the garden, the 18-month-old dog already ate too many sausages.

Not long after, Battz collapsed. Unitt called a vet, but it was too late. Battz had already died.

Follow us on Twitter at AmoMama USA for more details and updates.

Advertisement

Speaking with Pirate FM, Unitt explained that the vet believes the dog swallowed enough poison to kill an elephant.

For the outraged owner, she said her pet was targeted because of jealousy.

"I think it was someone jealous of him. He was a cuddle monster, he wanted cuddles basically from everyone who came through the door, and he was just so loving I don't understand how anybody could have done this to him.”

Unitt warned other dog owners to be more aware of what their dogs are up to because she said there are “nasty people” out there. She encouraged owners to be more careful.

Advertisement

When Battz died, Unitt’s family took it hard. They were all upset, especially Unitt and her three children.

"He was my soulmate he was the one that got me up in the morning got me up and going, and now I'm left here with absolutely nothing at all. I basically don't want anyone else to lose their soulmate like I've lost mine,” she said.

Source: Facebook/ Julie Wharton

Source: Facebook/ Julie Wharton

Meanwhile, in another story, a dog also ate a sausage roll that was laced with poison. Although, this particular dog survived.

Source: Facebook/ Irish Mirror

Source: Facebook/ Irish Mirror

His owner, Catrina Edwardson, believed that the poisoning was done on purpose. Blitz was lucky that Edwardson was able to stop him from eating too much and immediately took him to the vet.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Husband Charges Own Wife, a Mom of 3, $900 after He Spent Six Hours Deep Cleaning Their House

February 01, 2024

Inside Jennifer Garner's $700 Farm Bought to Save Her Parents' Legacy – Photos

April 02, 2024

Waiter Feeds Disabled Child So Tired Mom Can Finish Her Meal, Finds $10K Check on Table Later — Story of the Day

February 26, 2024

68-Year-Old Grandmother Passes Away in Front of Grandson – She Warned People about Potential Danger

February 22, 2024

Mom Shows 'Busy Day' Meals for Her 1 and 3-Year-Old Daughters in Viral Video, Faces Backlash: 'Poor Children'

February 11, 2024

After Wife's Death, Old Man Discovers He Is Not the Biological Father of Their Three Sons — Story of the Day

April 04, 2024

Tim Curry Looks Changed after Stroke — In a Wheelchair, He Stays Positive Quietly Living in LA

April 28, 2024

This Man Is a Huge Movie Star – He Hid Illness Which Confined Him to Wheelchair, Changed His Speech & Look

April 23, 2024

Boy Takes Mom’s Last $13 to Start Business, They Move from Tiny Old Trailer to $2M House Later – Story of the Day

March 05, 2024

Am I Wrong for Kicking My Mother-in-Law Out after the Dinner She Cooked Me?

March 28, 2024

Woman Splits Rent with Boyfriend for Years, Then She Discovers Some Documents – Story of the Day

February 26, 2024

A Grocery Store Receipt Ruined My Marriage of 20 Years

May 05, 2024

My Husband Wants a Divorce, but Demands That We Keep Living Together – And That’s Not Even the Craziest Part

April 05, 2024

People Share the Most Petty Revenge Stories They've Seen or Have Been a Part Of

February 23, 2024