logo

Mom stunned as preschoolers served household cleaner instead of apple juice at school lunch

author
Dec 06, 2018
11:24 A.M.

A parent of a preschooler said she was “absolutely stunned” when she learned about the incident involving three pupils who were given Pine-Sol instead of apple juice.

Advertisement

The three girls – a four-year-old and two five-year-olds – at an East Honolulu preschool were served the cleaning fluid by mistake. The children allegedly had several sips before the staff discovered the error.

According to the investigation conducted by the state Health Department, the classroom assistant working at Kilohana United Methodist Church Preschool prepared the snacks for the children and served Pine-Sol by mistake.

One mother, Andrea Ganote, said she was "stunned. Absolutely stunned.” She exclaimed, “My first reaction is wondering why they would store the two in the same part of the building,"

The cleaning fluid was reportedly in its original packaging, and it was labeled correctly.

Advertisement

Follow us on Twitter at AmoMama USA for more details and updates.

The Health Department detailed in its review that the assistant “saw the yellow/brown colored liquid container on a clean-up cart in the kitchen and returned to the classroom” carrying it.

After the staff discovered the mistake, paramedics were quickly called on the scene. The victims received treatment at the school and were not brought to the hospital after confirming that the children showed no signs of sickness or trauma.

Advertisement

The preschool released a letter addressed to the parents and said that it was an “unfortunate” incident, and clarified that no student was harmed.

“Only sips were taken before the lead teacher realized the liquid was not apple juice. The staff responded immediately by calling EMS and police. The children’s parents were immediately notified as well.”

The school then assured the parents that they would take extra measures to ensure that such an occurrence would never happen again, and they claimed that their employees have been undergoing mandatory training.

Advertisement

According to the Hawaii Health Department, about 12 people accidentally ingest the cleaning fluid each year, and half of them are children.

Source: Twitter/ CNN

Source: Twitter/ CNN

Source: Twitter/ CNN

Source: Twitter/ CNN

Source: Twitter/ CNN

Source: Twitter/ CNN

In another story, four high school students were rushed to the hospital in February after they

washing detergent diluted with water.

All four of them were safely released after treatment. At the time, it wasn’t clear for the authorities whether the incident was an accident or if the students were trying out the dangerous “Tide Pod Challenge.”

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Man Mocks and Dumps Loyal Wife for Another Woman, Life Dumps Him Later

March 07, 2024

I Made My Husband His Favorite Dessert, but He Threw It in the Trash Because His Ex's Food Tasted Better

April 05, 2024

Hollywood Heartthrob Surprises Fans with Long Hair & ‘Homeless’ Outfit on the Red Carpet for New Film

April 26, 2024

Father-in-Law Instantly Felt the Blow of Karma after Being Rude to Son's Wife

May 02, 2024

Rich Little Girl Cries & Refuses to Return Home After Kindergarten until Teacher Checks Her Home — Story of the Day

February 16, 2024

Waitress Serves Grumpy Pensioner for Years, One Day He Leaves Keys to His Home as Tip — Story of the Day

April 19, 2024

Client Asked for a Tattoo and Showed Me a Photo of My Children — Story of the Day

April 11, 2024

Boy, 6, Shields His 3-Year-Old Brother in Attempt to Save Him, But Tragically Both Die Later Side by Side

April 25, 2024

Am I Wrong for Using My Husband’s Affair with My Cousin against Them?

March 18, 2024

Cashier Rudely Dismisses Rich Lady for a Mere $11 and Cleaning Lady Grabs Him by the Collar — Story of the Day

April 05, 2024

Farrah Fawcett Set Strict Parameters for Inheritance Use by Ginger-Haired Son with Ryan O'Neal – Details

April 27, 2024

These Hollywood Star's Twins Nearly Died as Doctors Fought for Their Lives for 40 Hours — The Blonde-Haired Survivors Are Now 16

April 12, 2024

Boy, 10, Gets Arrested and Held in Jail over a Mind-Blowing Reason – His Mom Sues the Police for $2 Million

March 01, 2024

Ungracious Daughter Humiliates Her Mom for Being Poor, Then Life Teaches Her a Lesson — Story of the Day

April 11, 2024