logo

Teenager found dead in the water after taking a bath with her iPhone on charge

Manuela Cardiga
Dec 19, 2018
12:14 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

A charging iPhone fell into the bath and caused the death of a 15-year-old girl.

Advertisement

A young girl was killed when her charging iPhone fell into her bath, electrocuting her.

Irina Rybnikova, 15, was taking a bath, and using a cable to charge her phone when the tragic accident happened, reported The Sun on December 11, 2018.

Advertisement

"A tragic accident has taken the life of our champion, friend, mate and student Irina Rybnikova, 15. She was a candidate for Master of Sports in pankration, our beloved girl. Rest in peace”.

A DEADLY ACCIDENT WITH AN IPHONE

Irina, who been selected for Russia's national martial arts team, was found dead in her bath. The teen was described as a beautiful and loving girl, who had many friends and dreamed of being a pankration world champion.

Pankration is an ancient Greek Olympic sport combining boxing and wrestling techniques, and incorporating kicks and holds locks and chokes.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Someone who would never touch a hairdryer while in the bath, will unthinkingly answer a charging phone.

Advertisement

RUSSIAN AUTHORITIES HAD ISSUES WARNING ABOUT CELL PHONES IN BATHROOMS

Russian officials have previously issued a warning alerting people to the dangers of using mobile phone chargers in bathrooms. In February 2018, a similar accident claimed the life of a 12-year-old Russian school girl. Kseniya P was reportedly listening to music in the bath when her charging smartphone fell into the water.

Advertisement

Authorities point out that people forget that a cell phone is an electric appliance. Someone who would never touch a hairdryer while in the bath, will unthinkingly answer a charging phone. The result can be deadly.

Advertisement

A 14-YEAR-OLD TEXAS GIRL WAS ELECTROCUTED BY HER CELL PHONE

A teen died tragically in New Mexico when just like Irina, she was charging her cell phone while in the bath.

According to her family, 14-year-old Madison Coe was in the habit of running a bath before bed. She was listening to music on her phone and had connected it to an extension to charge.

Ironically, Madison sent a friend a photo of her phone connected to the power cord, and carefully laid out on a towel to keep it dry with the following message:

"When you use (an) extension cord so you can plug your phone in while you're in the bath."

Advertisement

Lovington Police spokesman David Miranda concluded that the photo might have been taken an hour before her death. Police investigators discovered that the cell phone had not fallen into the bath, nor had the extension cord ever touched the water.

Unbeknownst to Madison, the extension cord was frayed, and the young girl was electrocuted when she touched it with her wet hand. Madison's family is working to spread awareness of this deadly danger and hopefully save the lives of many children."

In a related story, iPhone apps are helping Police to convict murderers by providing proof of their movements.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Man Kisses Wife before Delivery, Not Knowing He Would Soon Be a Single Dad to Quadruplets

April 15, 2022

Every Day Parents Say Goodbye to Youngest Daughter in a Coma after Eldest Died in a Car Crash – Story of the Day

February 10, 2022

Woman Takes Husband's Phone and Sees a Message: 'And the Bed Feels So Cold Right Now'

February 05, 2022

Millionaire's Car Breaks Down near Shabby Old House, He Decides to Set Foot inside It — Story of the Day

January 28, 2022

Woman Takes Bullet for Stranger’s Son, His Dad Attends Funeral and Meets 9 Crying Kids There — Story of the Day

March 23, 2022

Whitney Houston & Bobby Brown's Late Daughter Bobbi Kristina Would Have Turned 29 This Year

March 03, 2022

Little Girl Cries All Alone in Her House after Mom Fails to Return from the Grocery Store — Story of the Day

February 03, 2022

Man Is Told He Was in a Coma for 12 Years, Later Finds Out It Was a Ruse His Wife Planned — Story of the Day

February 01, 2022

Son Rages as Old Mom Asks to Be Taught about Gadgets until Sister Sends Him Videos from the Past – Story of the Day

May 17, 2022

Two Neighboring Couples Who Frequently Quarrel Notice One Day That Their Kids Had Disappeared – Story of the Day

May 07, 2022

Man Suspects Wife of Infidelity, Installs GPS Tracker on Her Car and Follows Her

March 23, 2022

Lonely Mom of Three Comes to Feed Babies in the Morning and Sees They Had Already Been Fed — Story of the Day

May 09, 2022

Boy Asks Neighbor to Take Care of Him and Baby Sister after Thinking Mom Passed Away in the Shower

February 05, 2022

Man Hears His Dog Barking from Afar, Finds It Sitting near an Abandoned Baby – Story of the Day

March 27, 2022