911 call made by the woman who found Jayme Closs has been released

Jaimie-lee Prince
Jan 17, 2019
04:23 P.M.
Share this pen

The 911 call made by the two women who helped Jayme Closs remain safe last week has been released.


Jeanne Nutter and Kristin Kasinkas called 911 on Thursday, January 10 when the 13-year-old entered Kasinskas' home. 

What happened next led to the arrest of the young girl's abductor, Jake Thomas Peterson. CBS reported the transcript's contents. 


Nutter was walking her dog when she saw Closs on the road. She instantly recognized Closs when she reached out to her. 

Nutter then went to a nearby home, that of Kasinskas, and they cared for the disheveled child. 

Kasinskas called 911 and told the operator: 

"Hi. I have a young lady at my house right now and she has said her name is Jayme Closs." 


The dispatcher was Amy Pullen. She later did an interview about the intensity of that call. 

At the time, she responded by saying: "OK, have you seen her photo, ma'am?" 

To which Kasinskas said: 

"Yes it's her, I 100 percent think it's her." 


Pullen then proceeded to ask whether or not Closs wanted to run away. She asked who she was speaking to and what happened. 

She then requested information about Patterson which led to his arrest. 

Now on the phone, Nutter explained: 

"His name is Jake Patterson, Jake Thomas Patterson. So we're kinda scared because he might come, so if the cops could get here soon." 


Pullen said she had "multiple deputies headed out there, so just stay on the line with me." She advised Nutter to lock the door and keep the animals inside. 

When Nutter, a social worker of 30 years confirmed that Closs would need medical attention, Pullen said she was working on it. 

She told Nutter: 

"And I’m just gonna start paging out medical, I’m gonna have them stay in the area because I don’t want to have anybody come up into the house until the deputies get there, but I want them in the area. Is this a cellphone that you’re on, Jeanne?”


Nutter said no and that she doesn't know Petterson because her and her family only periodically visit the area. She explained he had "never been friendly or talked to [her]."

Pullen advised the women that officers were approaching their residence. They thanked Pullen for keeping them calm and ended the call soon after a deputy arrived.

Pullen later said that the tears come up every time she talks about it. She spoke to KSTP about the ordeal. 


She said: 

"This the first time in 10 years where I actually went into like a full body shake and body sweat. Just because of the severity of the situation and how public it was and, you know, her family was in dire need of finding this girl."

When asked if she believed the report at first, she said: "The sound on her voice. I knew that something was different about this. I actually remember looking at my partner that I was working with that day. She looked at me and she said, 'Is this legitimate?' I said, 'I think it is.'"


She described her thoughts about Closs: 

"Being an adult female, I can't even imagine being put in that situation and how I would react. But for her to be 13 and everything that she had been through, you know, in regards to her parents, and, you know, a stranger taking her in the way that he did. There are no words to describe how strong that girl is."

Patterson was charged with first-degree murder for killing Closs' parents on October 15. He entered the couples' Barron, Wisconson home and gunned them down before kidnapping Closs. 


Patterson, 21, confessed to the crime after he was taken in. However, his lawyers are now pointing to the confession as an unfair disadvantage for Patterson to have a fair trial. 

Charlie Glynn and Richard Jones, Patterson's defenders, said the situation put them before an "uphill struggle." They admitted that the confession was "thorough," but are questioning if it was true and voluntarily made.

Considering the jury may have heard the confession, their judgments may turn out tainted. It means Patterson might not have a fair trial according to the public defenders.


Meanwhile, Closs is staying with close relatives after escaping the remote house that Patterson allegedly kept her in. Pictures of the house were released to the public just yesterday. 

They showed the Wisconsin cabin in which Closs was forced to remain for 88 days. If Patterson had company or left the home, she would remain under his bed, locked in by laundry bins and barbell weights. 

The young girl would often go for more than 12 hours without food, water or bathroom breaks. Patterson lived on his own. Only his father and brother present at his first hearing.

Advertisement does not support or promote any kind of violence, self-harm, or abusive behavior. We raise awareness about these issues to help potential victims seek professional counseling and prevent anyone from getting hurt. speaks out against the above mentioned and advocates for a healthy discussion about the instances of violence, abuse, sexual misconduct, animal cruelty, abuse etc. that benefits the victims. We also encourage everyone to report any crime incident they witness as soon as possible.