9honey: Prince Philip Is Not Completely Aware of the Extent of Harry & Meghan's Interview
Recovering Prince Philip is reportedly not fully aware of the extent of Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey as members of the royal family are trying to shield him from it.
While Prince Philip has returned home from his month-long stay in the hospital, the Duke of Edinburgh hasn't been fully exposed to the details of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview, which aired while he was still admitted.
According to royal expert Katie Nicholl, the 99-year-old is still in recovery, and members of the royal family are doing their best to protect him from the CBS Special's blowout, which negatively affected the family.
While speaking to 9honey, Nicholl explained that it would have been near impossible for Prince Philip not to have heard about the tell-all, given the intense media coverage it received. However, the family is trying to protect him. In her words:
"The family are very keen that he's not aware of the full extent of the interview."
Prince Philip was discharged on Tuesday, March 16, after spending 28 nights in the hospital and undergoing heart surgery for a pre-existing condition. Fans may recall that the duke was first admitted on February 16.
The insider explained that [Prince Philip's] arrival at Windsor is particularly great for the Queen.
Prince Philip had reportedly complained about feeling ill and taken to King Edward VII's Hospital as a precautionary measure. A week later, it was reported that he suffered an infection that wasn't related to COVID-19.
On March 1, he was transferred to St. Bartholomew's Hospital in London for his procedure and then returned to King Edward VII's Hospital three days after the surgery to recuperate, before his eventual discharge earlier this week.
The duke was seen leaving the hospital around 10:30 am in a motorcade and was later photographed waving to excited fans in front of Windsor Castle. In a statement, Buckingham Palace appreciated the medical staff at the two hospitals.
As Prince Philip continues to recover at Windsor Castle, a source disclosed to People Magazine that the aged royal is in "good spirits." The insider explained that his arrival at Windsor is particularly great for the Queen.
The monarch has reportedly been knee-deep in the fallout from Harry and Meghan's interview and wouldn't have been able to cope for long without her husband of 73 years, who she often calls her "strength and stay."
Now, Her Majesty will be focused on giving Prince Philip her full attention as the family looks forward to his 100th birthday in June. Prince Charles, who visited his father in the hospital, is also glad to have him back home.
The Prince of Wales has said he is 'thrilled' his father the Duke of Edinburgh has left hospital.— ITV News (@itvnews) March 16, 2021
When asked if he had spoken to Philip yet, he replied: 'Oh yes, I have spoken to him several times.'https://t.co/QknuFB9HfZ pic.twitter.com/66Z0NgXZuX
During a recent public event, the Prince of Wales told reporters that he was thrilled about Prince Philip's return and had already spoken to his father several times. He promised to send their well-wishes along to the senior duke.