Samuel Olson, 6, Was Reported Missing Two Weeks after His Death, New Court Documents Reveal

Jené Liebenberg
Jun 04, 2021
09:50 A.M.
Share this pen

The body of the 6-year-old Houston boy was discovered in a Best Western in Jasper, Texas, on Tuesday. His father's girlfriend was charged in connection to the death.


6-year-old Samual Olson's body was found in a plastic box after authorities have been searching for him for the last week. New court documents reveal the boy was dead for weeks before he was reported missing.

Olson's father's girlfriend, Theresa Balboa, has been charged in connection to the 6-year-old's death, and the documents on her charge shared the horrifying details about the death and disappearance.

Blue police sirens on top of a vehicle. | Pexels/ Pixabay



Olson was reported missing by his father on May 27, but information shared by Balboa's roommate indicates the little boy was dead weeks before the missing person case was opened.

The roommate revealed he received a phone call from Balboa on May 10, saying that Olson was dead. He traveled to the apartment to find the 6-year-old not responding on the bed and with bruising on his body.



Furthermore, the roommate shared he aided Balboa in moving the body to the bath, where they left it for two days. Three days after the death, he went to Walmart to buy duct tape and a plastic bin which they used to store the body in.

Balboa also admitted that it was Olson's body in the box when the police found her in the bathroom of the motel.

They then transported the body in the bin to a storage unit in Webster. Balboa called another friend earlier this week, asking for help. They picked up the bin and moved it to Best Western in Jasper, where the authorities found it.



Balboa, who was found in the bathroom of the motel room when the authorities arrived, is the only person charged in connection to Olson's case at the moment.

The little boy's father is denying having anything to do with his son's disappearance and death. However, the family is searching for answers about Olson's death as the family attorney, Samuel Veenstra, said:

”He had nothing to do with the death of his son. (The) family is in mourning, shocked and in disbelief.”



While authorities are convinced that the body is that of the missing Houston boy, they are still waiting for the autopsy results to positively identify him and confirm their suspicions.

When they pried open the plastic box in the motel room, the officials were overcome by the strong smell associated with a decaying body, making it difficult to identify the body from seeing it.


Balboa also admitted that it was Olson's body in the box when the police found her in the bathroom of the motel. As a result, she is now facing charges related to tampering with evidence.

Balboa previously claimed she saw the little boy with his mother and an officer who threatened to arrest her if she didn't return Olson, but the evidence proved that Olson wasn't with his mother at the time.