Daily Riddle: Decode Words from Definitions and Combine Them to Find One More Word
These riddles will really challenge you and your brain. You will have to decode words from definitions and then combine them to come up with another one.
Riddles can be fun for the whole family. They can help widen your minds and challenge your preconceived notions. Additionally, riddles can also be a great way to play tricks on your dear friends.
There are three different riddles in this article that would be suitable for children, teenagers, and adults alike, as well as the answers if some of them prove to be too difficult.
1. THE DASHES
The key to this riddle is to fill in the dashes at the end of a word on the left with a 3-letter word and then form another word using those letters on the right.
Example: e a r _ _ _ m e = e a r T H Y/ T H Y m e
1. f e a t _ _ _ o i c = ?
2. c o u r _ _ _ n d a = ?
3. d i s p _ _ _ o v e r = ?
4. k e e _ _ _ s i s t = ?
5. r u n _ _ _ i c e = ?
1. featHER / HERoic
2. courAGE / AGEnda
3. dispLAY / LAYover
4. keePER / PERsist
5. runOFF / OFFice
2. FINDING A 4-LETTER WORD
From the hint in parentheses, pick a four-letter word that can be used backward to fill in the blanks to complete the longer word.
Example: di____ve (a defeat)
Answer: dissolve ("A defeat" gives you LOSS, which is placed backward in the blank: di_SSOL_ve.)
1. dis____s (horse movement)
2. mi____ce (high mountains)
3. l____ion (a Mexican food)
4. s____ing (food skin)
Here are clues for the eight-letter words:
1. distorts (TROT - dis_TORT_s)
2. misplace (ALPS - mi_SPLA_ce)
3. location (TACO - l_OCAT_ion)
4. sleeping (PEEL - s_LEEP_ing)
3. GETTING NEW WORD
In this riddle, you must add each of the defined words together to create a whole new word.
Example: to shout + what you say when you feel pain = a color = yellow.
1. A light brown color + to leave = a dance.
2. A store's announcement + a type of women's clothing = a building's location.
3. A vehicle + an animal pal = a floor covering.
4. The ocean + a father's boy = part of the year.
5. Another name for dad + a yellow veggie = a white fluffy snack.
1. tan + go = tango.
2. ad + dress = address.
3. car + pet = carpet.
4. sea + son = season.
5. pop + corn = popcorn.
Do you want to solve more riddles? Here is another riddle about five brothers.
In the room, there are five brothers: Tim is reading a newspaper, Cameron is baking a cake, Jesse is playing chess, Michael is washing the dishes. What does the fifth brother do?
Answer: They are playing chess with Jesse because chess needs to have two players.