September 27, 2021
In a terrifying moment, a parent came across his daughter in a dire situation. He reacted immediately, shrieking and jumping to save his vulnerable little girl from imminent danger.
A scary yet amusing YouTube video has been making its way around the internet of a dad panicking when he found out what his baby was holding in a can. The 36-year-old father, David Lehman, expressed that he thought she was just playing with a tiny insect.
The manager was enjoying his holiday by the poolside at their house in Tuscon, Arizona. The clip, caught by the camera in the backyard on September 11, 2021, showed his 18-month-old Blake playing with a discarded coffee can.
Lehman walked up to his daughter, not expecting what he was about to witness. Blake showed her dad what was inside the can, to which he immediately screamed, picked her up, and ran away. Reflecting on the incident, he said:
"Like you’ve got this one moment to be the brave dad and that’s what you did? Are you kidding me?"
It appeared as though the frightened dad initially pushed her over, but he later stated that he was attempting to slap the can out of her grip. The 18-month-old old cried in his arms as they stood a reasonable distance away from the hairy tarantula.
The 36-year-old then began calling what appeared to be his son over to come to look at the spider while apologizing to his whimpering baby. The frazzled father has emphasized that Blake calmed down quickly, stating:
"Blake isn't [fazed] and still loves exploring outside!"
The dad also confirmed that the spider was not harmed. His family, he said, made sure to catch the innocent creature and set it free.
Looking back on the incident, Lehman recalled that he first thought it was a harmless beetle. This assumption was because it was the season for these types of insects.
The little one went from sitting on the python, falling onto it, and picking up its head close to his face
The father explained that as his anxiety devolved, he eventually saw the funny side of the situation. At the end of the saga, all that was left was laughter, a safe baby, and a liberated tarantula.
A parent would naturally be concerned if they saw their baby with a tarantula, but these misunderstood creepy-crawlies are not that dangerous. Their venom is not that toxic for humans.
The hair on tarantulas can irritate individuals' skin and cause inflammation in some parts of the body. One needs to keep the creatures away from their face and cleanse their hands after handling them.
Although Lehman may have felt embarrassed by his screech, it is a testament to the love he has for his daughter. However, in another shared video, it appeared that another toddler's parents weren't too worried when their child was playing with a python.
Many were infuriated by this, with some stating the parents should face charges. In the clip, taken on August 31, 2018, in the East Java Province, Indonesia, the boy had a long and close interaction with the snake.
The little one went from sitting on the python to falling onto it and picking up its head close to his face. Throughout the video, there was no adult intervention.
Children aren't the only ones that have terrifying and hilarious interactions with wild animals. TkaziG or @tkazig as she goes by on TikTok shared a humorous clip of herself showing a bat in her crotch.
The woman appeared slightly nervous yet amused, asking how this could have happened to her. Summarizing the incident in the comment section, she penned that her husband grabbed the winged creature off her, but he was killed by a cat afterward.
Before this, she wrote she was too scared to move and was waiting for her spouse. Funny, scary, or both, these up-close encounters with undomesticated creatures must surely leave a mark on those who have had these types of experiences.