logo
Source:

Mom noticed the sores spreading all over son's body. Doctors warn parents about this infection

author
Mar 18, 2018
08:32 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookFacebookTwitterTwitterLinkedInLinkedInEmailEmail

One of the most enjoyable playthings for children may contain a potential risk to health.

Advertisement

Bouncy houses can be as risky as they are fun to play with during birthday celebrations, a report from Jumble Joy informed. The source suggested that if not checked properly and cleaned, they may contain harmful and infectious bacteria.

Brenda Sanderson discovered this the hard way when she rented a bouncy house to enjoy a graduation party with her two sons. Where she invited plenty of friends, family members, she decided to engage the kids in the bouncy house.

Needless to say, the boy did have the best time of their lives - wrestling, jumping, sliding down the slide. Everything seemed perfectly normal and fun-filled.

Advertisement

However, only two days after this, she began noticing strange marks on her ten-year-old boy's body.

When Sanderson asked her son where that came from, he innocently replied, "Well Mommy, I think it's from sliding around and bouncing around the bouncy house. I think I just got burned form the plastic."

Advertisement

Her son was only partially right. He did get the marks from the bouncy house but it was not because the plastic burnt him.

The truth was revealed only when Sanderson took her son to the hospital after the sores began spreading all over his body. The doctors then told her that the sores were a staph infection, caused by the bacteria present in the bouncy house.

The source suggested that, much like the mats used for wrestling, it is much easier for the bacteria to stick to the plastic of these playthings. So, when these fun-looking bouncy houses are not cleaned and washed properly, they can cause serious risk.

Bouncy houses are regularly inspected by the state, but it is still advisable to double check these things for their functionality as well as cleanliness. According to doctors, if these things are not cleaned, any open cut would be at risk.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Rich Lawyer Mocks Poor Restaurant Cleaner, Looks Closer at Her Face & Realizes She’s His Copy — Story of the Day

May 13, 2022

After Mother’s Death, Man Arrives at His Parents’ Old House and Hears Sounds from the Basement – Story of the Day

February 19, 2022

Man Mocks Woman for Damaging His Car, Sees Her with His Wife in Ambulance the Next Day — Story of the Day

April 17, 2022

84-Year-Old Mom Announces She’s Moving to Nursing Home and Has to Sell House Her Kids Live In — Story of the Day

March 31, 2022