Reports claimed that the NFL quarterback was cut from the list of contenders for the hit dance competition.
Only a few weeks left before the premiere of the 26th season of Dancing With the Stars. Some of the competitors have already been revealed to the public.
Amidst all the excitement, a speculation has recently sparked suggesting that one contestant was asked by the production to compete, but was axed right after.
Former NFL quarterback of the Cleveland Browns, Johnny Manziel, was said to have been asked to be one of the competitors on the show, as shared by The Blast.
Although, when the staff was narrowing down the choices, the producers allegedly made the decision that it was best for Manziel not to be included in the final line-up of 10 contestants.
According to the producers, he was “too controversial.”
In 2016, the athlete was released from his football team. Following that, he had a few altercations with the authorities and he also had been reported to have had a stint in rehab.
Reports claimed that ABC chose another athlete instead to fill in Manziel’s supposed slot in the competition.
The final list of contenders will be announced on April 13, 2018, on Good Morning America.
Prior to that, a few names have already been dropped that are said to be surely included in the line-up.
Olympic players Adam Rippon, Jamie Anderson, Jennie Finch, and Tonya Harding are said to be ready and excited to fight their way through the competition in the hopes of getting their hands on the Mirrorball trophy.
The 26th season will not only be consisting of all-athlete competitors, it will also be cut in half with only four weeks of the competition period.
Fans will have to expect extreme competition even just on the first week with the time being cut short.
Dancing With the Stars Season 26 will be premiering on April 30, 2018, 8 p.m. ET on ABC.