If after visiting the dentist you find one of these bumps on your hand, call 911

Although at first, they didn't know what was happening, the doctors later revealed the cause of his weird health condition.

According to American Web Media, a Canadian man was diagnosed with Endocarditis, an inflammation of the endocardium, the heart's inner lining.

The same outlet explained that the condition occurs when bacteria, fungi or other germs from another part of the body spread through the bloodstream and attach to damaged areas of the heart.

The 27-year-old man, who initially complained of abdominal pain, fever, night sweats, and a loss of appetite, realized he had an aneurysm or bulging blood vessel in the palm of his hand.

He rushed himself to the nearest local hospital and after several tests, the doctors diagnosed him with Endocarditis, an unusual condition in people with healthy hearts.

The youth of the patient left the doctor staff puzzled, but they quickly understood what happened after questioning the young man about the previous few weeks of his life.

They ran a series of tests on the patient, including a blood culture that came back positive for Streptococcus salivarius, a bacteria that is commonly found in the mouth.

A bacteria got into his bloodstream and ultimately made its’ way around his body after going to the dentist for routine work.

Endocarditis is a severe medical condition but the doctors were able to handle it after they gave the young man antibiotics to clear up the bacterial infection throughout his body.

However, the antibiotics couldn't clear up his heart and he needed surgery to repair its valve, which controls blood flow into the major artery of the body.

A routine visit to the dentist was able to cause this young man so many problems and extensive time to repair it and heal from it, making us consider how much our bodies' functions are interconnected.

Related posts
7-Week-Old Toddler Died after Doctors Couldn't Detect an Infection: 'It Was Too Late for Evi'
Life Apr 02, 2019
7-Week-Old Toddler Died after Doctors Couldn't Detect an Infection: 'It Was Too Late for Evi'
Teen shares proud pics of her stoma bag after boy with same disease killed himself over bullies
Feb 05, 2019
Teen shares proud pics of her stoma bag after boy with same disease killed himself over bullies

Please disable your AdBlocker

Advertising helps us continue to provide quality content. For instant unlimited access. Please disable your AdBlocker on our site and refresh the page.

If you need help to disable AdBlocker please choose yours: