logo

14-year-old girl dies in bed. Her mom reveals the unexpected cause of death

author
Jul 04, 2018
06:38 A.M.

Smartphones have really changed the world. Before, we could only use our cell phones to call and send text messages. Now our lives depend on them.

Advertisement

They are our map, calendar, diary, and camera. Everything is there. It is not surprising that it has almost taken over our daily lives and that leaving it at home is almost unthinkable. Our phones are the first thing we take when we wake up and the last thing we stop doing when we go to sleep.

This story published by Newsner, circles around a young girl who did just that. She used to connect her phone to the charger before going to bed and leave it at her side while she slept. One morning, when Le Thi Xoan's mother called her 14-year-old daughter, she received no answer.

The mother insisted several times until she decided to go to the room to wake her up. Once there, she found the girl unconscious. She took her directly to the emergency room, but soon after they arrived the doctors confirmed that it was too late: her daughter had died.

Advertisement

The parents were overwhelmed by the pain and simply could not understand what had happened, because the previous night their daughter had felt good. When they discovered what the cause of the girl’s death was, they were completely surprised.

Source: Shutterstock

Source: Shutterstock

Advertisement

The autopsy report showed that her daughter had died from an electric shock. But they still did not understand what happened. Nothing seemed unusual at home until they lifted Le Thi's sheets and found the cell phone charger.

Although it was connected to the phone, it did not function correctly, since part of the cable was completely burned. The parents said that their daughter always charged the cell phone at night, next to her and the police in Hanoi, Vietnam, confirmed that they found a charger burned over the bed

Source: Shutterstock

Source: Shutterstock

Advertisement

The cable also had a broken plastic cover that had been glued with tape. According to a police report, Le Thi plugged the charger into the phone and went to bed, and then she received an electric shock from the defective device.

It is extremely dangerous to charge the phone with a damaged cable. It is always better to be safe than sorry. Never sleep with your mobile in bed, discard broken chargers and always buy original spare parts for your phone.

Advertisement
info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Advertisement
Related posts

Little Girl Cries All Alone in Her House after Mom Fails to Return from the Grocery Store — Story of the Day

February 03, 2022

After Millionaire Husband’s Death, Old Widow Is Forced to Live In Dirty Old Trailer – Story of the Day

May 22, 2022

Stepson Mocked by Adoptive Parents & Their Children Finds Letters They Hid from Him – Story of the Day

March 12, 2022

Parents Notice Daughter Becoming Reclusive and Finds Out She Had Lost Her Memory – Story of the Day

January 27, 2022

Old Lady Doesn’t Let Anyone into Her House, Neighbor Steps inside after Her Death — Story of the Day

March 19, 2022

Poor Mom Lives in Old Trailer with Son and Never Lets Anyone in until She Gets Hospitalized — Story of the Day

February 09, 2022

Every Day Old Lady Sees Lonely Barefoot Triplets Fishing in a Pond and Follows Them — Story of the Day

April 08, 2022

Poor Lady Mourns Daughter at Place She Last Saw Her, One Day Girl’s Carbon Copy Shows up There — Story of the Day

May 13, 2022

Old Man Finds Kid in Cold Forest and Learns She Is His Granddaughter He Never Knew About – Story of the Day

April 06, 2022

20 Years after Newborn Daughter’s Death, Man Hears, ‘Dad, I Finally Found You’ – Story of the Day

March 05, 2022

Man Is Told He Was in a Coma for 12 Years, Later Finds Out It Was a Ruse His Wife Planned — Story of the Day

February 01, 2022

Before Major Surgery Veteran Gives Nurse a Badge Begging to Find and Bring His Best Friend – Story of the Day

May 03, 2022

Little Girl Grabs Dirty Homeless Man’s Hand and Takes Him to Her House — Story of the Day

March 29, 2022

Boy in Wheelchair Whose Party No One Attended Makes a Wish & Finds Boxes on Doorstep the Next Day – Story of the Day

May 03, 2022