ABC saddened fans by canceling popular show after seven seasons

The television network, ABC, has announced that it is canceling the food talk show, The Chew. This comes after the show has been on our screens for seven years.

The seventh season will be the last one this year. According to The Wrap, it was canceled to make more space for one of ABC’s popular news and talk shows.

The last production for The Chew will run from June until September this year. ABC canceled the show in order to make space for a new third hour of Good Morning America.

It’s been reported that the network intends on expanding its popular morning news and talk show into the afternoon. “While this is the right decision for our business, it is also bittersweet,” said Ben Sherwood, the president of the Disney ABC Television Group.

The show's creator, Gordon Elliott, shared that before The Chew was conceptualized no one had attempted a talk/food mix. He added that their hosts and staff had created television history.

“For seven years The Chew has delighted audiences by delivering innovative food segments in an entertaining atmosphere. We applaud and thank Gordon Elliott, Aimee Householder, Michael Symon, Carla Hall, Clinton Kelly and the entire cast and crew for their great work and amazing run.”

Ben Sherwood, The Wrap, May 23, 2018

“I know I speak for all of the people who work on the show when I say it was the best television we have ever had the privilege to produce,” Elliott concluded. The Chew faced some bad publicity last year in December.

At the time, co-host Mario Batali was accused of sexual assault, harassment, and misconduct by multiple women. He was one of the many prominent male figures who were denounced in the Me Too movement.

The chef and businessman left The Chew in mid-December but it wasn’t clear whether he quit or was fired. In the same month, The New York Times had written an expose of The Spotted Pig, which is a well-known restaurant in New York City.

The expose revealed that former employees recounted having been harassed by Batali. One server said she was assaulted by him.

The restaurant was known for being a major social center point for the city's elite. Its employees said they were expected to put up with catcalls, wandering hands and outright physical advances from the owner Ken Friedman and his powerful friends.

Batali was among those friends. Employees revealed that he was commonly referred to among the staff as ‘The Red Menace.’

They also claimed that there was security footage that showed one point where Batali groped and kissed an unconscious woman in the VIP room at a 2008 party. He, in turn, issued apologies for his actions.

Batali then stepped away from the show as well as many of his restaurant ventures.

Related posts
Viral Stories Mar 26, 2019
Sara Gilbert Reacts on Roseanne Barr's Accusation of 'Destroying the Show and Her Life'
Feb 08, 2019
CBS cancels well-known TV show after 3 seasons
Feb 08, 2019
'Code Black' star breaks her silence after beloved TV show is canceled
Feb 07, 2019
ABC president gives an update on ‘The Conners’ as the show hasn’t been renewed for season 2 yet