About AM

July 23, 2018

One-year-old dies after mother left him in a hot car for more than eight hours

Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail
Loading...

Advertisement

An unnamed toddler lost his life after his mother accidentally left him in her hot car for more than eight hours when temperatures reached 34 degree Celsius.

Metro reported that the boy was found in a car park at Pembroke Pines, Florida, on July 13, 2018.

A seventeen-month-old toddler died after being left and forgotten in a suffocating, hot car for more than eight hours when the temperatures reached 34 degree Celsius.

Follow us on Twitter for more stories. Visit AmoMama USA

The baby's mother later told the police that she thought she had dropped him off at the day-care center and then went to work.

Loading...
Loading...

Advertisement

The unnamed one-year-old is probably the 24th child to have lost his life in similar conditions across the US in a year.

Loading...

Advertisement

The boy's body was found in a car parking lot at Pembroke Pines, Florida. Police and fire crews reached the scene at around 5 p.m. but failed in their attempts to revive him, and the baby was pronounced dead.

The Florida Department of Children and Families received a report on July 13, 2018, regarding the death of a one-year-old boy who was pronounced dead after he was unintentionally left in the car all day long, while his mother was at her job.

The report also mentioned that at the time of the incident, the baby's family was living with some friends while their house was being tented.

Loading...

Advertisement

The mother was believed to be under a lot of stress and took a different route to reach the place of her work, according to a statement by the department.

After finishing her work, the boy's mother drove over to the daycare, where she presumed she had dropped him off for the day.

The authorities informed her that the boy had never come that day, she began to register want had happened.

Loading...

Advertisement

She went back to the hospital, where she worked, and the medical staff set about with the resuscitation efforts. The baby was then shifted to a bigger hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

‘Leaving a child inside a car is a year-long hazard, but it is especially deadly during the summer months when temperatures can climb above 100 degrees within minutes. Always double check your vehicle after you park for loved ones or pets,’ the Pembroke Pines police department said.

No charges have been filed against the boy's parents. 

Loading...
Loading...

Advertisement