logo

Darci Lynne performs thrilling version of country classic without puppets

Rebelander Basilan
Jul 25, 2018
05:28 A.M.

Darci Lynne Farmer wowed the crowd yet again as she performed a lovely rendition of country hit Blue Moon of Kentucky.

A video of her dazzling performance, during which she didn't sing with any puppet, was shared on the YouTube channel, My Looney Bin.

Darci Lynne rose to stardom after winning the hit talent search show, America's Got Talent, where she showed off her stunning skills as a ventriloquist.

Follow us on our Twitter account @amomama_usa to learn more.

She also charmed the judges and television viewers with her sense of humor. But more than anything else, she impressed everyone with her powerful voice. She can pull off a variety of musical styles, from opera to country.

When she performed the country bluegass classic, Blue Moon of Kentucky, the famous ventriloquist's equally famous puppet was nowhere in sight.

Originally written by the late blueglass legend, Bill Monroe, the song was revived by Elvis Presley in 1954. Another legendary singer, Patsy Cline, recorded the song in 1963.

Darci Lynne made her own version over 70 years after the song was first recorded, and she didn't disappoint.

Posted to YouTube on November 17, 2017, Darci Lynne's performance has amassed more than 700,000 views.

The video has also drawn more than 500 comments from adoring fans.

"I think what makes her so popular is her sweet personality. So pure and innocent. I hope she stays that way throughout her career," Thomas Jefferson commented.

Fans also shared their thoughts about comparisons between Darci Lynne and her fellow America's Got Talent performer, Angelica Hale.

"A great voice! And, if I hear one more person compare sweet Angelica's voice to hers, I will scream, as they both are so different, but wonderful!" wrote Gale Andrews.

"Beautiful voice. I don't see how anyone could compare her to Angelica. They both have amazing voices, in different genres," John May chimed in.

Related posts

Wynonna Judd, 59, Looks 'Petrified' as She Gripped Loretta Lynn's Granddaughter's Hand on Stage – What Happened to Her?

May 23, 2024

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter, 22, Sparks Concerns after Looking ‘Too Thin’ in Photoshoot

May 02, 2024

Garth Brook's Youngest Daughter Draws Reactions as She Flaunts Cleavage in Plunging Orange Crop Top

April 23, 2024

One of Beyoncé’s Daughters Becomes Youngest Female Artist Ever on Hot 100 Chart, Making History

April 10, 2024

Trisha Yearwood, 59, Flaunts New 'Skinny' Figure in Tight Jeans, Igniting a Stir with Her 'Rapid Weight Loss'

April 24, 2024

Loretta Lynn's Granddaughter 'Got the Gift' Growing up on the Tour Bus with Granny – She Steps Out of Her Shadow

February 27, 2024

7 Famous Kids from the '80s Who Are Now Parents Themselves – Photos

May 17, 2024

Sarah Jessica Parker Stuns at the Met Gala in Birdcage Dress and Golden Headpiece, Earning Mixed Reactions

May 07, 2024

What Happened to Susan Boyle: From Her Affair with an American Doctor to Losing Her Voice

April 05, 2024

Reba McEntire, 68, Turned Heads in 'Spectacular' White Suit with Plunging Neckline

March 13, 2024

Garth Brooks' Daughter, 27, Draws Attention Flaunting Her Slim Figure & Fully-Tattooed Arm in Cowboy Outfit

April 04, 2024

'Roseanne' Star Sara Gilbert's Lookalike Son, 9, Appears in Dress & Heels at Red Carpet, Igniting Buzz

June 10, 2024

Billy Joel's Daughter Alexa, 38, Stuns in Figure-Defining Bustier & Pants during a Performance, Sparking Discussion

June 24, 2024

How Shania Twain Resurrected After Divorce from Husband Who Cheated on Her with Her Best Friend

May 22, 2024