logo

Darci Lynne performs thrilling version of country classic without puppets

Rebelander Basilan
Jul 25, 2018
05:28 A.M.

Darci Lynne Farmer wowed the crowd yet again as she performed a lovely rendition of country hit Blue Moon of Kentucky.

A video of her dazzling performance, during which she didn't sing with any puppet, was shared on the YouTube channel, My Looney Bin.

Darci Lynne rose to stardom after winning the hit talent search show, America's Got Talent, where she showed off her stunning skills as a ventriloquist.

Follow us on our Twitter account @amomama_usa to learn more.

She also charmed the judges and television viewers with her sense of humor. But more than anything else, she impressed everyone with her powerful voice. She can pull off a variety of musical styles, from opera to country.

When she performed the country bluegass classic, Blue Moon of Kentucky, the famous ventriloquist's equally famous puppet was nowhere in sight.

Originally written by the late blueglass legend, Bill Monroe, the song was revived by Elvis Presley in 1954. Another legendary singer, Patsy Cline, recorded the song in 1963.

Darci Lynne made her own version over 70 years after the song was first recorded, and she didn't disappoint.

Posted to YouTube on November 17, 2017, Darci Lynne's performance has amassed more than 700,000 views.

The video has also drawn more than 500 comments from adoring fans.

"I think what makes her so popular is her sweet personality. So pure and innocent. I hope she stays that way throughout her career," Thomas Jefferson commented.

Fans also shared their thoughts about comparisons between Darci Lynne and her fellow America's Got Talent performer, Angelica Hale.

"A great voice! And, if I hear one more person compare sweet Angelica's voice to hers, I will scream, as they both are so different, but wonderful!" wrote Gale Andrews.

"Beautiful voice. I don't see how anyone could compare her to Angelica. They both have amazing voices, in different genres," John May chimed in.

info
Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Related posts

Wynnona Judd at 59 Looks Unsteady & Nothing like Herself — The Tragedy That Changed Her

January 26, 2024

Jon Bon Jovi Almost Lost His Only Daughter – Glimpse into Tragic Day He Got ‘The Worst Phone Call Ever’

February 08, 2024

What Happened to Alan Jackson Who Disappeared from the Scenes a Year after Revealing His Diagnosis?

February 13, 2024

Toby Keith Was a ‘Man of Faith’ & Leaned on It Every Day before His Death – Inside His Last Days

February 07, 2024

ABBA Star Anni-Frid Lyngstad Leads Quiet Life Years Following Tragic Death of Her Daughter

December 20, 2023

This Girl Was Bullied & Thought ‘Weird’ for Liking Country Music — Now She’s a Star Whose Shows Help US Economy

November 28, 2023

‘Looks 30 Years Younger’: Dolly Parton, 77, Steals the Show in Skimpy Blue Cheerleader Outfit to Fans’ Delight

November 23, 2023

Toby Keith's Wife Worked at Oil Company before They Married — She Fought for His Life like a 'Trooper'

February 06, 2024

Why Gwen Stefani & Blake Shelton Rang in the New Year Separately: Inside Their Marriage

January 25, 2024

Ruby Winston Is Harry Styles' Goddaughter Who Featured in One of His Songs

October 26, 2023

This Singer, Whose Talent Was Discovered by Chance, Became Grammys’ Most Awarded Artist & World’s Most Beautiful Woman

November 15, 2023

Toby Keith's Life before & after He Was Diagnosed with Stomach Cancer – Photos

February 06, 2024

‘Something Is Not Right’: Beyoncé, 42, Baffles Fans with Her Outfit Combination at NYFW

February 14, 2024

Kristen Tuff Scott Is a Breast Cancer Survivor Who Is Enjoying Farm Life

November 22, 2023