Simple baked chicken strips recipe
While we totally understand the attraction of fried chicken, baking it can be just as tasty, and healthier, if you know how to do it right.
The secret to deliciously baked chicken relies on adding the perfect amount of crust so that is really crispy and crunchy on the outside while remaining moist on the inside.
This recipe, in particular, is easy to make because it has cornflakes. Yes, the crispy goodness of cornflakes can be given another use besides going well with milk.
You can add various spices to the crust mixture like garlic, chili powder or herbs. Kids will totally love it and you can add your favorite sauce to give the chicken a flavor boost.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 large egg or 2 smaller ones
3 cups cornflakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp flour
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry. Cut the chicken in long strips about 1/2 inch thick. Season it with salt and pepper.
2. Beat the eggs with oil and set aside. Place the flour on a plate and set aside.
3. Place the cornflakes into a Ziploc bag, seal it and using a rolling pin or simply your hands to crush the cornflakes into smaller pieces.
4. Put the crushed cornflakes into a flat bowl and stir in salt, pepper, and parsley.
5. Taking one piece at a time, coat the chicken strips in flour, dip in egg mixture, and finally coat with seasoned cornflakes –pressing flakes with a fork to help them stick better.
Transfer each piece onto the prepared baking sheet and discard any remaining flour, egg, and cornflakes.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp, flipping them on the other side after the first 15 minutes.
7. Serve with your favorite dip.