7-year-old lands in hospital after touching a cute little 'bug' while playing outside

Aug 30, 2018
11:40 A.M.

Young Wyatt McCaskill was stung by a puss moth caterpillar while playing, which soon landed him in the hospital with a deadly infection.


According to a report by KCTV5, the 7-year-old boy picked the bug while he and his friends were playfully throwing leaves at each other. But what seemed like a harmless piece of a fur, turned out to be a sinister insect that stung McCaskill.

The source informed that the furry insect is just about the size of a dime but can be dangerous. Its hair contains a poison that can cause extreme pain. In McCaskill’s case, the pain moved all the way up from his arm into his chest.

"He is in the most pain I've ever seen him in," his mother, Kelli told the source. "Sick to his stomach."

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

Follow us on Twitter to learn more.

Until they arrived at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, Kelli thought that her son was stung by a bee. To her utter dismay, the doctors told her that he was stung by one of the most venomous caterpillars in the U.S.


"They are the most poisonous, so I heard that their sting could be more painful than a jellyfish or bee," Kelli told KCTV5.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik

She and her son now want to warn other parents about the painful consequences of these furry insects that are mostly found in trees in Texas, Louisiana, and Florida between July and November, the source informed.

The doctors have advised that if someone is stung by the poisonous caterpillar’s fur, a piece of tape can be used to pull the spines out of the skin. Then the affected area must be washed with soap and water and ice should be applied.

Source: Freepik

Source: Freepik


It is heartbreaking to discover such rare incidences affecting our lives unannounced, but the best solutions against these are to stay alert and warn as many people as possible.

In a similar story, an unidentified boy in Idaho became a victim of the rare bubonic plague. Shockingly, it was the first known case of the disease in about 26 years. The victim was given antibiotic and was allowed to recover in a medical facility before he was fully healed.

Please fill in your e-mail so we can share with you our top stories!
By subscribing, you agree to our Privacy Policy
Related posts

Woman Receives a Harsh Response from the Daughter-in-Law She Regularly Insulted

November 29, 2023

Brigitte Nielsen Defies Her Age Revealing Her Bra in a See-Through Top in a New Photo

November 30, 2023

Lindsay Wagner's 4 Spouses: Meet Allan Rider, Michael Brandon, Henry Kingi and Lawrence Mortorff

November 15, 2023

Judge Judy & Spouse Bought a Massive Home after Money Stopped Being a ‘Stressor’ for Their Family of 20 — Inside

November 22, 2023

Honey Boo Boo Reveals Moments with Her Sister before She Took Her Last Breath: ‘My Heart Goes Out to You’

December 12, 2023

Newborn Baby Cries All Day No Matter What Parents Do, after a While They Check His Crib – Story of the Day

February 20, 2024

My Husband Cheated on Me With Secretary, Then Karma Crushed Him Back – Story of the Day

February 22, 2024

Boy Falls into Dry Well and Finds Grandpa's Secret Bunker on the Bottom – Story of the Day

November 03, 2023

Childless Widow Finally Finds Happiness When Girl Comes to Her before Wedding: “Hi! Seems Like You’re My Mom”

December 11, 2023

'I Feel for You': Bruce Willis' Daughter Shared Never-before-Seen Photos of Actor — Fans Send Their Support

November 17, 2023

Sylvester Stallone's Son Ensured He Was Never Compared to Him — No One Spoke to Him in His Last Week of Life

November 30, 2023

Reba McEntire, 68, Turns Heads as She Rocks Blue Fur Coat & Matching Knee-High Boots in Recent Snaps

February 12, 2024

Fans Claim Celine Dion Gained Weight as She Makes 1st Public Appearance amid Health Battle with Rare Disorder

November 02, 2023

I Met My Husband's Pregnant Fiancée – Story of the Day

December 26, 2023