People heard cries coming from a box and found two-week-old baby inside
A two-week-old baby girl was found in a cardboard box on the side of the road in the south of China. Police are looking for her parents, and they could face up to three years in jail for child abandonment.
Three motorists were driving down the road when they heard the fainted cry of a baby. After stopping to check the dirt road, they found a baby girl laying in a box desperately crying and wriggling in the blanket filled box.
Source: YouTube/Daily Mail
The baby was wearing a onesie and was wrapped in two blankets. Aside from the sheets, the men found a bottle of milk and a note that stated the baby’s birth date and nothing else. In a video captured by one of the shocked men and shared by Daily Mail, one of the men is seen trying to calm down the baby by rocking the box, but to no avail.
One of his co-workers, who was wearing a helmet, then tries to feed the girl with the bottle, and when that doesn’t work to stop her loud cries, he decides to carry her in his arms. The men reportedly took care of the girl until police arrived at the scene.
Source: YouTube/Daily Mail
The baby was taken to the Huanjiang People's Hospital, where medical personnel confirmed she’s healthy and doesn’t have any congenital anomalies. She was placed on the care of the civil affairs department in Hechi city.
After news of the baby’s abandonment started to spread, several people interested in adopting begun to contact the hospital. Police are still searching for the irresponsible parents, and they could be facing a three-year prison sentence if found.
Sadly, parent’s negligence is not an uncommon occurrence.
A FATHER FORGOT HIS BABY IN THE CAR; SHE DIED UNDER THE HOT TEMPERATURES
Last Friday, a 25-year-old father of two was arrested after his six-months-old baby died when he forgot to drop her at the babysitter’s house.
According to reports from the Henderson County Sheriff's Office, Jackson Tetrick of Brownsboro took his wife to work on Thursday and then dropped off another kid at school. He then went home once again before driving to work in Athens. It wasn’t until he drove to school Thursday afternoon to pick up his kid that he remembered his other baby was in the car seat.
The temperatures that day rose up to the 90s. Even though school personnel tried to revive the baby girl, it was too late for her.
Tetrick was arrested at the parking lot of Brownsboro Elementary School and accused of criminally negligent homicide. He’s being held in jail under a $100,000 bond.
According to Kids and Cars, approximately 37 children die from overheating in cars every year. In the last five years, there have been 185 deaths of children left unsupervised on a hot car. Only this year 45 kids have been victims of the negligence of parents. 2018 is the year with more deaths by heat-related causes, and we still have three months left.
Even though authorities have tried to raise awareness on this issue, parents continue to make mistakes that inevitably end up in their kids' deaths. After the death of his baby neighbor in the hot car, an 11-year-old boy named Bishop Curry invented a device that would alert parents and police if a child is left alone in the car to overheat.
He called the device "Oasis," and caught the attention of Toyota, who sent the boy and his father to a safety conference where they would be able to present the idea.