Large crispy legs are the definition of a Thanksgiving meal. Whether you want to put meat aside or just have a sweet snack, this recipe is a fun must-have for the season.
The treat is very easy to make and will satisfy the sweet tooth of the adults and kids alike at the big dinner. Here's how to make the easy snack.
Follow us on Twitter for more @amomama_usa.
You will need:
A medium rectangular baking pan.
A jar of white candy melts
8 pretzel sticks
1 bag of mini marshmallows
8 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1/4 cup of butter
1. Place the wax paper in the baking pan.
2. Break the pretzels in half and dip the tips into the melted white chocolate.
3. Press two mini marshmallows on the end of each pretzel.
4. Set the pretzels on the parchment paper to let the chocolate harden.
5. Dip the pretzels into the chocolate again, this time coating most of the stick.
6. Set again on the parchment paper to harden the white chocolate.
7. Prepare the Rice Krispies mixture in the microwave or on the stove.
8. Coat your hands with cooking spray then collect a handful of the mixture.
9. Shape it into a ball and press onto the end of the pretzel to give the appearance of a large turkey leg. Do this to all your legs.
10. Place them on the parchment paper for around 15 minutes to set.
11. Enjoy the delicious Rice Krispies "turkey" legs with friends and family.
Thanksgiving season is littered with interesting traditions shared by friends and family. One of them involves the wishbone of a chicken or turkey.
The practice is carried out when all of the meat around the turkey's chest has been eaten and the wishbone is set aside to become dry and brittle.
Two people then hold onto one end of the wishbone, make a wish and pull. The lucky person who ends up with the longer end of the bone will get their wish granted.
Another tradition is the turkey pardon done by the President of the United States. The president will grant a "pardon" to the "National Thanksgiving Turkey" and others, allowing them to live a full life on a farm.
Some persons give charity for their Thanksgiving service, while others sit back and watch TV. They often look at the New York City Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Another more classic recipe can be used for the morning of the big day: Biscuits and gravy.
Source: YouTube/ Savvy
The popular breakfast meal is prepared with a few simple ingredients: biscuit dough, breakfast sausage, melted butter, flour, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and your preferred choice of toppings.
Source: YouTube/ The Diary of a Real Housewife
You will also need an oven pre-heated to 400°F and baking time of 15 to 20 minutes. In the end, you will get a mouth-watering combination of melted butter, gravy, and biscuits.