Money can't buy happiness may be the most popular one we've all heard. And it may take us a while to really believe the essence of those words.
In the meantime here are a collection of 10 hard-hitting quotes about money. They'll make you second guess you view on life and how money plays a role in it.
1. Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don't want..to impress people that they don't like. --Will Rogers
2. Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one. --Benjamin Franklin
3. Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
4. Financial peace isn't the acquisition of stuff. It's learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can't win until you do this. --Dave Ramsey
5. It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor. --Seneca
6. He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more; He who loses faith, loses all. - Eleanor Roosevelt
7. Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. --Franklin D. Roosevelt
8. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. --Norman Vincent Peale
9. If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability. --Henry Ford
10. The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money. --Anonymous