Robin Williams was a very funny man. He made millions of viewers happy with his comical and dramatic roles in the many films he made. Both on and off the screen, the actor always shared words of wisdom.
We will always remember the beloved late performer for his charisma and indisputable talent, which we enjoyed in iconic movies like “Mrs. Doubtfire,””Good Will Hunting.” and “The Death Poet’s Society.”
But behind the roles he brilliantly portrayed during his prolific career there was a man who struggled with mental illness and substance abuse. Read more on our Twitter account @amomama_usa
After years of making all of us laugh, the world was shocked to hear the news of his death, which was ruled as a suicide, in 2014. Despite his turbulent departure, the star left us many remarkable phrases that will inspire you.
1. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
2. “Comedy is acting out optimism.”
3. “Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'”
4. “Good people end up in Hell because they can't forgive themselves.”(“What Dreams May Come”)
5. “Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.”
6. “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it”.
7. “Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. make a wish and think of me.”
8. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” (“Good Will Hunting”)
9. “Medicine, law, business, engineering – these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love – these are what we stay alive for. (“Death Poet’s Society”)
10. “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that. (“Patch Adams”)
11. “I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.”
12. “There is still a lot to learn, and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.”
13. “You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.”
14. "Taking it down just a little bit and traveling at the speed of life is a much easier journey."
15 "Age makes you more confident. When you realize that it's time now to just do things. When there's not the pressure to perform on some level of expectations, there's more to just explore."
16 "What some folks call impossible is just stuff they haven't seen before."
An HBO documentary film titled “Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind” will shed some light over the lesser known aspects of the life and career of the late actor.
As reported by CNN four months after his death, Williams experienced an 'increase in paranoia' and was posthumously diagnosed with Lewy body dementia.