Father-of-four miraculously recovers after his children decide to take him off life support

Jan 11, 2019
07:43 A.M.
Share this pen

After his children removed his breathing tubes, doctors thought that he was brain-dead and would never recover. However, T. Scott Marr has been called the “miracle man” because of how well he recovered.


On December 12 Marr was found lying in his bed and was unresponsive. He was then placed on a breathing machine and taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a stroke.

The next day there were still visible problems, and his brain was swollen. Dr. Rebecca Runge was worried that his condition would result in him being brain dead.

Read more on our Twitter @amomama_usa.



The second day after his hospitalization Marr woke up and was able to move his toes and thumbs slightly.

The doctors at the hospital conducted several tests and found that he has a rare condition called posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome.


Marr has progressed well and has almost completely recovered. He claims that he had a near-death experience when he was unconscious:

“He said, what are you doing here? And I said I’m looking to work and he said there’s no work here, you better get your butt home.”



A six-month-old boy from Fairfield was placed on a breathing machine after he had a heart attack at his parents’ home.

He has been on life support for over a month, and his family says that there has been a noticeable improvement in his condition.


Doctors wanted to turn his life support off on September 17, but his family rallied for this to be canceled. They were successful in their attempts and can now choose to get a second opinion or place their son in a different hospital.


A woman from Michigan, Michele De Leeuw, had a heart attack while she was at home with her husband, Karl. The cardiac arrest left her nearly brain dead.

She was hospitalized and placed on life support, but a few days later the doctors recommended that her husband, Karl, agree to have her taken off life support.

Much to her husband and doctors’ surprise, she started breathing by herself just moments after being taken off the breathing machine. Four months later she had almost recovered completely.