Famous actress rips into Prince Philip with horribly foul language after crash involving baby
Kathy Burke surprised fans when she reacted with harsh words following Prince Philip’s car crash near Sandringham on January 17.
The crash left two people needing hospital treatment, and Norfolk Constabulary said that the crash would be “investigated and any appropriate action taken.
When news of the crash broke, Kathy Burke took to Twitter and said:
"Very pleased that the nine-month-old innocent baby wasn't killed or injured by the 97-year-old selfish ****."
An eyewitness, Roy Warne, told how Prince Philip asked about everyone’s welfare after the accident occurred and Norfolk police said they were following standard procedures as the collision resulted in injuries.
The 97-year-old Duke pulled his Land Rover Freelander out of a driveway near the Queen’s Norfolk estate, on to a busy A-road when Prince Philip got hit by another car, which caused his Freelander to flip.
@ 97 I don't think it is appropriate for anyone to be driving on public road. Thank God he's uninjured.— AZ (@TheMuoneke) January 17, 2019
The two women in the Kia needed hospital treatment while the nine-month-old boy that was with them was unharmed. Norfolk Police confirmed in a statement:
"The driver of the Kia, a 28-year-old woman, suffered cuts to her knee while the passenger, a 45-year-old woman, sustained a broken wrist. Both casualties were treated at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn and were discharged last night. Police can also confirm a nine-month-old baby boy was in the Kia at the time of the incident and was uninjured. The male driver of the Land Rover was uninjured. Both drivers were breath tested and provided negative readings.”
97. He shouldn’t be allowed drive. No way his reaction times would be good enough. What if he’d have killed someone. 🙄— Tara (@_Tara_Mooney) January 17, 2019
Police are expected to take a statement from everyone involved in the collision.
The motorist who helped the Prince out of his vehicle, Roy Warne told the Sun newspaper that he heard Prince Philip tell police he had been “dazzled by the sun.”
Roy told BBC Radio 4’s Today program his recollection of how the accident happened:
"I was driving home, and I saw a car, a black Range Rover, come out from a side road, and it rolled and ended up on the other side of the road, and there was a huge collision with another car. I went to the other car. There was a baby in the back and, with another man, we got the baby out. Then I went to the black car to help and realized it was the Duke of Edinburgh."
Very lucky escape for Prince Philip. He won't want to hear this, but 97-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to drive. For their sake, and everyone else's. pic.twitter.com/taHijWs1w2— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) January 18, 2019
Eyewitness Roy Warne said he then helped the duke get out of the wrecked Freelander that had come to rest on its side following the collision. Roy added that the duke was able to stand and walk immediately after the crash but appeared to be cut by glass at places.
The collision took place at the Babingley crossroads along a stretch of the A149 running between King’s Lynn and north Norfolk coast where the speed limit is 60mph.
The 97-year-old Duke spent the last few weeks with the Queen at Sandringham Estate and got seen by a doctor after the accident who confirmed that he was not injured.
The palace released a statement that said:
"The Duke of Edinburgh was involved in a road traffic accident with another vehicle this afternoon. The Duke was not injured. The accident took place close to the Sandringham Estate. Local police attended the scene."
Prince Philip’s driving license is believed to be up to date, which is renewed every three years. According to the royal expert, Ingrid Seward, Prince Charles had expressed his concern about his father’s driving at his age.
Ken Wharfe, a royal bodyguard, pointed out that there as an absence of a royal protection officer and is a protocol breach that should be looked into.
In spite of the crash, a brand new Land Rover got delivered at Sandringham less than 24 hours after the crash, which seems to indicate that Prince Philip is not done with driving.