Jussie Smollett was behind racist letter he received before attack, according to Nigerian brothers

News about Jussie Smollett’s alleged “staged” attack seems far from over as two Nigerian brothers testified against him saying that he created the threat letter he got in January.

According to the actor, two men wearing MAGA (Make America Great Again) hats attacked him in Streeterville on January 29. The aggressors allegedly shouted racial and homophobic slurs at Jussie, poured bleach on him, and put a rope around his neck.

Days after the incident hit the public eye, police arrested Ola and Abel Osundairo, two Nigerian brothers, as the principal suspects in the investigation. However, they both were released without charges for telling the police the alleged truth.

THE EVIDENCE

One of the primary pieces of evidence investigators found at the brother’s home was a magazine, which is believed to be the one used to create the racist letter Jussie got on January 22.

The brothers reportedly told police that Jussie helped make the letter and since it didn’t get as much attention as he expected, he hired them to attack him. Things didn’t end there, though, as sources told CBS Chicago that one of the brothers bought the rope used in the attack and that Jussie paid for it.

MORE DETAILS OF THE REPORTEDLY STAGED ATTACK

Sources even revealed the alleged stores were the rope and the hat were bought: the Crafty Beaver Hardware store in the Ravenswood neighborhood and an Uptown beauty supply respectively.

Allegedly, three men rehearsed the attack days before January 29 and Jussie paid the Osundairo brothers $3,500. So far, the actor keeps denying that allegations, maintains that the attack was legitimate, and hired a team of lawyers to carry out the case.

The racist letter he got, which contained a white powder later identified to be aspirin, is under the FBI investigation. State’s Attorney Kim Foxx, who was supposed to take care of the case, recused herself citing that she knew some of the people involved.

Responding to the alleged “staged” attack, his lawyers issued a statement that read:

“As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with.”

Screenshot of now deleted tweet from Nancy Pelosi | Source: Twitter @speakerpelosi

Screenshot of now deleted tweet from Nancy Pelosi | Source: Twitter @speakerpelosi

NANCY PELOSI DELETED HER SUPPORTIVE TWEET

Soon after the attack went viral, several people took to social media to show their support and to wish Jussie a speedy recovery. One of those people was House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. However, she deleted her tweet after reports that he may have staged the assault.

“The racist, homophobic attack on [Jussie Smollett] is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all,” tweeted Nancy.

ⓘ NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM does not support or promote any kind of violence, self-harm, or abusive behavior. We raise awareness about these issues to help potential victims seek professional counseling and prevent anyone from getting hurt. NEWS.AMOMAMA.COM speaks out against the above mentioned and advocates for a healthy discussion about the instances of violence, abuse, sexual misconduct, animal cruelty, abuse etc. that benefits the victims. We also encourage everyone to report any crime incident they witness as soon as possible.

Related posts
TV Shows Feb 21, 2019
'Angered and devastated' Jussie Smollett denies orchestrating attack, despite police investigation
Celebs Feb 21, 2019
Jussie Smollett classified as official suspect after filing false police report about attack
TV Shows Feb 20, 2019
Nancy Pelosi deletes tweet supporting Jussie Smollett after reports he may have staged his assault
Celebs Feb 20, 2019
Jussie Smollett staged and rehearsed 'attack' with 2 brothers, law enforcement allegedly reveals