Lauren Alaina Says Postponing 'That Girl Was Me' Tour for DWTS Season 28 Was the Hardest Decision

Lauren Alaina has postponed her tour! The country singer took to Instagram to announce the cancelation and apologize to her fans for the disruption in the schedule.

Lauren Alaina canceled her "That Girl Was Me" tour to participate in season 28 of the ABC hit dance show, Dancing With The Stars." She took to Instagram to pen an apology to her fans alongside a poster image of the tour.

Alaina wrote,

"This was the hardest decision ever, but my team and I have decided to postpone the #ThatGirlWasMeTour to do DWTS." She added, "After talking with my friends who have been on the show, I realized I couldn't give the show, and the tour 100%."

The singer went on to explain that she always wants to be the best performer and to do that, she has moved the show to early next year. She added that being on DWTS is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and she is excited about it.

Alaina informed her fans that money paid for tickets would get refunded except for those who want to move theirs. The "America Idol" alum also made it clear that Filmore will still go on tour with her. She ended by thanking her fans for their support and apologizing for the change in schedule.

The country artist is one of the new contestants unveiled by DWTS last week on GMA. She revealed in an iHeartRadio interview that her friend, Bobby Bones convinced her to compete, and she got encouraged by some of her fellow "American Idol" alum who competed in the past.

Bones was part of the contestants last season. He won the Mirror Ball alongside, Sharna Burgess who is not returning after five seasons. Fans of the Australian dancer were shocked when she was not part of the competitors unveiled last week.

Burgess acknowledged her absence from the show on social media writing,

"It's unbelievably sad that I won't be returning to DWTS," but assured her fans that she bears no ill will towards the show, and is grateful for her time there."

Another past contestant that won't be returning is, Artem Chigvingtsev. He joined the show in 2014, and unlike Burgess, has no Mirror Ball to his credit. 

Those joining the show this season include; Lamar Odom, Kel Mitchell, former press secretary to President Trump, Sean Spicer, supermodel, Christie Brinkley, and Bachelorette, Hannah Brown, among others.

Season 28 returns to ABC on September 16. It will air on Monday nights by 8 pm, and those competing with the pro dancers will get unveiled on that day.

Related posts
twitter.com/NBCChicagoMed
TV Shows Jul 16, 2019
Colin Donnell Will Reportedly Re-Appear on 'Chicago Med' in Season 5
instagram.com/hinchtown
People May 21, 2019
James Hinchcliffe of DWTS Survives a 'Nightmare' Race Crash
instagram.com/thelainehardy
TV Shows May 20, 2019
Laine Hardy Finally Revealed as the 'American Idol' Winner of Season 17
Celebs May 09, 2019
DJ Spinderella Says 'Salt-N-Pepa' Fired Her from NKOTB Mixtape Tour