Buckingham Palace Reportedly Canceled National Televised Coronavirus Address from the Queen

The coronavirus outbreak has had particularly chilling effects on the entire world. However, the Queen of England has also taken some precautions of her own to ensure her safety.

According to a recent episode on the HeirPod podcast, Victoria Arbiter, a commentator on the royal family, confirmed that the Queen had chosen to scrap a nationwide coronavirus address.

As the commentator explained, the Queen was to give a national address on the coronavirus, which would emphasize the importance of staying safe.

Queen Elizabeth II attends the Commonwealth Day Service 2020 at Westminster Abbey on March 9, 2020 in London, England. | Photo: Getty Images

Queen Elizabeth II attends the Commonwealth Day Service 2020 at Westminster Abbey on March 9, 2020 in London, England. | Photo: Getty Images

However, officials at the Buckingham Palace decided to scrap the speech because of safety concerns. They were also doing so to ensure that no addresses from other essential authorities were interrupted. Victoria said,

“There is a real sense that they need to keep the focus and keep the airwaves clear for the experts, for the doctors, for the Prime Minister.” 

She also added that they chose to get the statement out in print media, as this option made things more convenient for everyone. 

In a related report, the Daily Mail confirmed that the Queen and her husband, Prince Philip, have migrated from the Buckingham Palace to Windsor as a safety precaution.

The news source explained the decision to scrap the speech was also due to concerns for the Queen’s safety. Palace officials were reportedly hoping to minimize the number of people with access to her, thus reducing her risk of exposure to the virus.

The Palace goes on defense mode as Prince Charles tests positive for the coronavirus.

Those concerns are about to hit fever pitch, as Prince Charles, the Queen’s first son, has now tested positive for the virus.

People Magazine reported the news earlier this morning, adding that he remains in good spirits despite it all. He is at home with his wife, Camilla, who has already tested negative for it. 

The news medium added that the 71-year-old heir to the throne had shown some symptoms since last weekend. He took the test on Monday, and his diagnosis arrived early on Tuesday morning.

The source of his contact is still unknown, as the Prince has been to several engagements over the past few weeks.

Social media users are now urging Prince Harry to return to London amid the news. Harry and his wife, Duchess Meghan, are stepping back as senior members of the royal family. It’s unknown whether news of his father’s diagnosis will delay their transition into life as private citizens.

ⓘ We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care!

Related posts
Prince Charles Met Queen Just 12 Days before Testing Positive for COVID-19, Says Royal Reporter Rebecca English
Getty Images.
Coronavirus Mar 25, 2020
Prince Charles Met Queen Just 12 Days before Testing Positive for COVID-19, Says Royal Reporter Rebecca English
Coronavirus' Impact on Royal Family & Apparent Changes to Their Lives & Schedules
Getty Images
Coronavirus Mar 21, 2020
Coronavirus' Impact on Royal Family & Apparent Changes to Their Lives & Schedules
People: Harry & Meghan Are Following Canadian Government's Advice on Coronavirus Precautions after Recent UK Trip
Getty images
Coronavirus Mar 19, 2020
People: Harry & Meghan Are Following Canadian Government's Advice on Coronavirus Precautions after Recent UK Trip
The Queen Will Continue to Reside in Buckingham Palace after Weekend Windsor Visit Amid Coronavirus Threat
Getty images
Royal Mar 18, 2020
The Queen Will Continue to Reside in Buckingham Palace after Weekend Windsor Visit Amid Coronavirus Threat