Source: Twitter/ABCWorldNews

New York Woman Whose Husband Died from Coronavirus Just before His 45th Birthday Tells His Story

Olowokandi Fiyin
Mar 27, 2020
03:00 P.M.
Share this pen

Erika Cave-Miller shared some advice after her happily-ever-after got cut following her husband's coronavirus diagnosis and subsequent death.


Erika Cave-Miller's happily-ever-ever got cut short after her husband, Jermaine, died of coronavirus before his 45th birthday.

A symbolic molecular structure of the COVID-19 virus | Photo: Pixabay


The widow has been in a state of shock as her husband was first diagnosed with pneumonia, then with coronavirus which caused him to be placed on a ventilator.

While Erika is dealing with the pains of losing her husband, 26-year-old Fiona Lowenstein who believed that she could handle having the coronavirus while at home.


Unfortunately, before Erika could wrap her head around what was happening, her husband was dead. Days after his death, the shocked widow spoke about how everything happened as she stated that:

 "This is not a game. People's lives are ending here."

Recalling the events that occurred, Erika mentioned that her husband complained of feeling cold before they made their way to urgent care, where he was diagnosed with "pneumonia, given antibiotics and sent home."


However, by the next day, Jermaine's temperature had gone up even higher and that's when they decided to go to the emergency room.

During their visit there, Erika was asked to leave his room for a chat - making it the last time she would ever see her husband alive. Not only was Erika told that her husband tested positive for COVID-19, but she was also told that she couldn't stay with her man.

Undeterred, the woman focused on helping her child through school and regularly texting Jermaine. Things continued that way until she got a call from Jermaine's doctor on the afternoon of March 19 to notify her of his passing.


While Erika is dealing with the pains of losing her husband, CNN shared the story of 26-year-old Fiona Lowenstein who believed that she could handle having the coronavirus while at home.

What the option brought Fiona was some breathing difficulty which meant that she had to spend two nights in the hospital.

Luckily for her, she made it out of the woods and is now dedicated to urging other young adults to take warnings about the pandemic seriously.


While Fiona got a fighting chance, the same couldn't be said for a 74-year-old Kansas man who Daily Mail reported had died from coronavirus after a "week of immeasurable suffering."

According to the site, although Dennis Wilson of Lenexa first took ill March 12 and went three times to see doctors, he was turned away each time as he was told that he did not have enough of the symptoms required to test for coronavirus.

Eventually, the 75-year-old became so sick that he had to be rushed to the hospital by ambulance. His stay there was short as he died on March 21, as his wife, Joanna, narrated to their online community, recently.


We at do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated.Take care!