Getty Images
Source: Getty Images

Coronavirus Won't Trouble Prince Charles, Royal Correspondent Robert Hardman Says

Lois Oladejo
Mar 27, 2020
10:00 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

Royal correspondent Robert Hardman explained that Coronavirus wouldn't trouble Prince Charles, due to his ability to remain unmoved even at the sight of bullets coming for him.

Advertisement

In the year 1994, Prince Charles was at an event in Sydney park when a Cambodian student, David Kang, jumped out of the crowd and headed for the royal stage where he opened fire on the Prince. The royal did not move one bit. Six policemen floored the student and arrested him immediately.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales makes an official visit to St Austell Brewery on April 05, 2019, in St Austell, England. | Photo: Getty Images.

Advertisement

When the heir was asked about his reaction to the incident, he compared it to the time an elephant charged at him in an African safari where he had been advised to remain still. This experience informed his lack of action in Australia.

The Queen of England is currently not infected by the virus.

Advertisement

This ghastly event did not go unnoticed by Keating, the Australian Prime Minister at the time, who expressed his regret for what had happened and stated that it was not an attempt to kill the heir but an alarming demonstration. He also praised Prince Charles's unexpected reaction, saying:

"His control in the circumstances, I think, reflected the professional attitude that he has."

Advertisement

The 71-year-old heir recently became infected with Coronavirus making him the highest-profile individual to become a victim of the ongoing pandemic. 

Prince Charles is said to be doing quite well for a patient of his age and also has a unique perspective on the situation, as proven by a comment made by a member of his team who said:

"As far as the Prince is concerned, this is only going to give him a better idea of the way this virus is impacting on everyone."

Advertisement

The Prince has developed mild symptoms, but he is otherwise hale and hearty. Charles and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, are currently self-isolating at his preferred house, Birkhall, located in Scotland.

The individual who the heir contracted the infection from is unknown, and all of the household staff that came in contact with the Prince are also self-isolating in their homes.

Duchess Camilla and Prince Charles at the wedding of Ben Elliot and Mary-Clare Winwood on September 10, 2011, in Cheltenham, England | Photo: Indigo/Getty Images

The Queen of England last met with Prince Charles on the 12th of March, and she is currently not infected by the virus. She's presently residing at Windsor.

Advertisement

We at news.AmoMama.com do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated.Take care!