Prince Albert Dispels Rumors He May Have Caused Prince Charles' Positive Coronavirus Diagnosis

Prince Albert of Monaco has finally addressed the rumors that he may have been the reason why Prince Charles was tested positive for coronavirus. Both the royals have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

Monaco's Prince Albert has had it with the speculation that he might have been the source who was responsible for transmitting the coronavirus to the Prince of Wales.

The 62-year-old prince had tested positive for coronavirus over a week ago. After Prince Charles was diagnosed with corona last week, it had been speculated that Albert might have transmitted the virus to him during a London meeting they attended earlier this month. 

In an interview with "RTL" radio on Thursday, Albert finally spoke up about the rumors surrounding him and Charles, saying that they are all but true. 

We nodded hello to one another, so I don’t think I can really be accused of contaminating him.

Prince Charles smiles during a visit to Showcase Launceston at Launceston Castle, June 14, 2006 in Launceston, England. | Source: Getty Images

Prince Charles smiles during a visit to Showcase Launceston at Launceston Castle, June 14, 2006 in Launceston, England. | Source: Getty Images

NOTHING BUT RUMORS

Both royals attended the Water Aid event on March 10. The Prince of Monaco told "RTL" that he and Charles did attend the event, but they did not have any physical contact. 

"I was at a roundtable for his foundation, but we never shook hands. I was at the other end of the table, way far away."

Prince Charles and Prince Albert are proof that no one is safe from coronavirus. It can infect people of any age as well. After Albert was diagnosed with the virus, he said that anyone can have corona irrespective of their age. 

Speaking to "PEOPLE" about his situation, Albert also shared that his symptoms were not very severe and he only experienced slight fever, a little bit of cough, and a runny nose. 

NO ONE IS SAFE

The prince further shared with the outlet that he must take great care of himself despite not having any severe symptoms due to his medical history with pneumonia which makes him more susceptible to corona. 

"That’s a consideration, but you know there’s a lot of cases of people younger than 60 contracting it. It can hit anybody of any age."

Meanwhile, Prince Charles is self-isolating in Balmoral, Scotland. His wife Camilla is also self-isolating separately in the same estate. The other members of the royal family are also avoiding social contacts. 

ⓘ We at AmoMama do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated. Take care!

Related posts
Getty Images
Coronavirus Mar 25, 2020
Prince Charles Gets Positive Result after Coronavirus Test
Getty Images
Coronavirus Mar 25, 2020
Prince Charles' Positive Coronavirus Test Result Elicits Mixed Reactions from Royal Fans
Getty images
People Mar 20, 2020
Prince Albert of Monaco Talks about His Positive COVID-19 Test
Getty Images
Coronavirus Mar 26, 2020
Camilla Is Reportedly Keeping a Close Eye on Prince Charles Amid Coronavirus Diagnosis