Daily Mail: Jon Gosselin Claims He Has to Defend Himself after Kate Accused Him of Child Abuse
Allegations of physical abuse have allegedly been brought up against former reality star Jon Gosselin. Now he’s reportedly defending himself against the claims which he calls false.
Last week, Jon Gosselin’s sextuplet son, Collin Gosselin, 16, took to Instagram, in a now-deleted post, and accused his father of abusing him. The incident allegedly happened at the beginning of this month at their home.
Last Thursday, Jon’s ex-wife, Kate Gosselin gave a statement on the matter through “People” magazine. She claimed the County of Berks, Pennsylvania Child & Youth Services (CYS) informed her that her ex-husband was being investigated for abusing their son.
JON DENIES ABUSE CLAIMS
Speaking to “Daily Mail” recently, Jon, 43, denied the claims that he abused Collin. The former “Jon & Kate Plus 8” reality star said:
“It's not true, I would never hit Collin, ever. I love him with all my heart.”
The publication also discovered that the police and the CYS did get involved in the matter. However, the issue was allegedly put to rest last Wednesday within 24 hours.
COLLIN’S FALSE REPORT
Jon claimed his son actually made a false report to the police because he was failing to get his way. Collin’s sextuplet sister, Hannah Gosselin, also reportedly witnessed the altercation.
On the way home from the appointment, the siblings began fighting in the car.
She allegedly told the publication that she told investigators that her father never hit Collin. Their father explained that he didn’t want to discuss the accusations for his son’s sake but felt he had no choice because of the attacks from his ex-wife.
THE TWO SIBLINGS FIGHT
Jon recalled how on September 2, 2020, he’d taken the two children for their dental appointment. On the way home from the appointment, the siblings began fighting in the car.
Their verbal argument escalated when they arrived home with Collin throwing things at the car and swearing. Angrily, his father confronted him and the boy threatened to run away.
JON RESTRAINS COLLIN
Knowing that they’d had problems with the teenager running away in the past, Jon tried to restrain him because he was upset. The former reality star explained:
“I didn't punch or kick him, I restrained him, which he obviously wasn't happy about.”
He let the boy go after a while and drove away to give him some space. However, while driving, Hannah called to inform him Collin was going to the police and that’s when Jon went back home.
The police interviewed the family and seeing no bruises or wounds on Collin and after hearing Jon and Hannah’s version of the story, the officers didn’t believe the claims. CYS was called in and the matter was put to rest afterward.
NO CHARGES OR CITATIONS
Berks County District Attorney John Adams confirmed no citations or charges were issued. Jon punished the teenager by taking away his Xbox and some other stuff but the boy lashed out by making the damning accusation on Instagram.
COLLIN’S INSTAGRAM POST
The post was taken down within minutes but the damage had already been done. The reports led to Kate speaking out and condemning her ex-husband’s alleged behavior.
STAYING AT AN INSTITUE
Before going to live with his father, Collin stayed at the Fairmont Behavioral Health Institute. Kate put the child in the institution for over two years before Jon went to get him.
THE REST OF THE SIBLINGS
Hannah and Collin live with their father while the rest of the sextuplets, Leah, Alex, Aaden, and Joel, all live with Kate. The reality star also lives with their twin daughters, Mady and Cara, 19.