Australian Golf Star Adam Scott Tests Positive for COVID-19 & Pulls Out of Zozo Championship

Olowokandi Fiyin
Oct 25, 2020
04:00 P.M.
Share this pen
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmail

Australian golf star Adam Scott has pulled out of the Zozo Championship after he tested positive for COVID-19, making him the 15th PGA Tour player to contract the virus.

Advertisement

Australian professional golfer Adam Scott has tested positive for COVID-19 and has pulled out of the Zozo Championship. The former Masters champion is the third player among the top 15 to be diagnosed with the virus in a few weeks.

He is also the 15th PGA Tour player to have the virus as world champion Dustin Johnson recently tested positive and had to withdraw from the CJ Cup.

Adam Scott teeing off at the second round of The Barclays at Ridgewood Country Club | Photo: Getty Images

Advertisement

His diagnosis comes at a tricky time as the Masters Tournament is three weeks away. The last time Scott played before the PGA returned was in September’s US Open. 

Scott might not have 15 majors like Woods, he has done pretty well for himself with 29 worldwide championships and whopping prize money of more than $75 million.

Advertisement

After that, he played four more times in two majors and two play-off events before contracting the virus. While it’s not sure how Scott got the virus, he is expected to self-isolate for about ten days before he is tested again under the CDC guidelines of the PGA Tour.

The 40-year-old Aussie, who is ranked at number 15 in the world, last made headlines in August when he revealed that his goal is to win four more majors and become a legend in the game.

Advertisement

According to the Australian Golf Star, his eyes are set on becoming so good that the iconic Tiger Woods doesn’t make him feel inferior. Speaking about it, Scott said:

“(Looking back), I think I would have told myself to kind of come up with a strategy to block out exactly what Tiger was doing in making us all feel slightly inferior to him.”

Advertisement

While Scott might not have 15 majors like Woods, he has done pretty well for himself with 29 worldwide championships and whopping prize money of more than $75 million. He has also bagged one major in 2013 and is focused on winning four more majors before he can fully retire and be satisfied with his legacy.

It was indeed inspiring to see Scott, despite being 40, aiming for more wins as he previously revealed that he was contemplating withdrawing from this year’s tour after the pandemic brought the game to a halt. Scott admitted that with the travel restrictions and everyone being locked up at home, he was nursing the idea of calling it a season.

Also, the fact that traveling with his family might get complicated due to the rules and regulations of different countries made him want to give up. However, all that changed when the dates for major championships became more defined.

Advertisement

We at news.AmoMama.com do our best to give you the most updated news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, but the situation is constantly changing. We encourage readers to refer to the online updates from CDС, WHO, or Local Health Departments to stay updated.Take care!