Source: pxhere.com

Suspect Fatally Wounded after Shootout with Police in Omas

Lois Oladejo
May 18, 2021
02:50 A.M.
Share this pen
The Nebraska State Patrol admitted that a suspect was mortally wounded after a short-term shootout with the Police in Omas. Here are more insights into the story.

The city of Nebraska was rocked with a fatality after a shooting between the police and a 33-year-old man named Aaron Schneider.

Officials confirmed the shooting occurred near First Street, right on Clarmar Avenue. At first, the attention of the law enforcement officials was drawn to the area where a man threatened to harm himself.

Blue police sirens on top of a vehicle. | Photo: Pixabay


On their arrival, the man had prepared a firearm and fired only one shot from the gun. This stirred a reaction from the Fremont Police officers, who began firing shots at the perpetrator. 

It did not take long before one bullet hit the man, bringing him to his knees. As soon as he was declared incapable of firing any more shots and wounded, medics attended to him.

Photo of two policemen walking down the road | Photo: Pexels


They later conveyed him to a medical center — Fremont Methodist Health. Unfortunately, Schneider passed away from the gunshot wounds inflicted on him.

Journalists from news stations toured the area on Saturday, granting interviews to residents who caught wind of what had transpired earlier.

Police have been able to calm the community and assured reporters that there are ongoing investigations that will involve a jury.

A police crime scene tape | Photo: Pexels


A man named Tim Olson, who had been a resident for more than five years, admitted that he heard the gunshot sounds but thought they were fireworks.

Olson revealed that the dead man's identity remained a mystery to people living in the area. Another person named Anthony Gomez Jr. explained that he had been in the neighborhood for nearly two years and has never seen the deceased.


Police have been able to calm the community and assured reporters that ongoing investigations will involve a jury. More information would be released on Monday.

Last month in April, Omaha, Nebraska, witnessed a fatal shooting in a mall. One person named Trequez Swift died, while Ja'Keya Veland, a 22-year-old, was badly injured.

A fully kitted police officer | Photo: Pexels


The investigations posited that it was an isolated incident and not a random attack. The shooting occurred during midday in Westroads Mall, and two people were later arrested.

An 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of accessory to a felony in homicide, while the 16-year-old was arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Photo of a police car parked on the street | Photo: Pexels

In March, that same mall appeared in the news after a police officer was shot multiple times while trying to stop a shop thief. Despite the situations in Nebraska, the police have been more than willing to help the residents and avert more deaths in Nebraska.