On the first day of a new job, you meet your team members after a quick introduction. Follow the clues below to figure out who they are.
On your first day at your new job, you were quickly introduced to your team members, and everything is all a blur. There are three males: Alex, Carlos, and Edward, on the team. Brenda and Deborah are the two females on your team.
Your other colleagues are out celebrating a work anniversary that week. Some of them have been with the company for different years. Some have been there for either 1, 3, 5, 10, or 20 years.
A lady touching her lips while trying to think. | Photo: Shutterstock
In their years in the company, each worker uses the same means of transportation. Try to put together what each person's duty is and how they get to work, and how long they have been with the company.
1. Alex has been at the company longer than the engineer but not as long as the bus rider.
2. Brenda can do the crossword on her way to work since she takes public transit.
Photo of a man reading a note. | Photo: Shutterstock
3. Carlos has been on the job exactly twice as long as the Manager.
4. Either Deborah or the one who takes the train just received their 10-year service award.
5. Edward was last promoted when he became a specialist two years ago.
6. The developer doesn't always get a seat and sometimes has to stand on the way to work.
7. The architect role requires at least six years of on-the-job experience.
8. The engineer can leave whenever she wants; she isn't tied down to a particular transit schedule.
9. The subway was built eight years ago.
10. The motorcycle owner has been using it to come to work for more than six years.
11. On the day of the snowstorm last week, only Alex and the Manager arrived on time; everyone who relied on the roads (bus, car, motorcycle) was late.
By clues 1 and 10, the engineer cannot own the motorcycle.
Following the clues above and many other indications, Brenda can only take the subway or train. By clue 11, Alex can also only take the subway or train. Therefore, the other three people cannot take the subway or train.
Alex is the developer; he has taken the subway for three years.
Brenda is the Manager; she has taken the train for ten years.
Carlos is the architect; he has taken a motorcycle for 20 years.
Deborah is the engineer; she has taken a car for one year.
Edward is the specialist; he has taken the bus for five years.
Check out another riddle here.