A five-year-old girl in South Georgia is left fighting for her life after a venomous snake bit her. Her mother has shared important messages with other parents following the incident.
A five-year-old in South Georgia is fighting for her life after being bitten by a venomous snake several times. The timber rattlesnake bit the little girl thrice on her right calf.
Cynthia Spell, the girl's mother, explained that the number of times her daughter was bitten is enough to sedate an elephant. The incident was said to have taken place on Friday, June 18.
A snake. | Photo: Pexels
The girl, Maisy Lamica, got bitten while checking on their family cat, which had cornered the snake by a tree. The 5-year-old was with her father and siblings when the venomous snake attacked her.
According to Spell, Lamica's father observed that she was hopping on one foot after the snake bit her. Her shocked father quickly called 911, and emergency services rushed to their home.
A snake. | Photo: Pexels
By the time emergency services got to their residence, the 5-year-old had gone into anaphylactic shock. It remains unknown if she is allergic to the venom or the high dose.
According to her mother, Lamica's body began shutting down on their way to the hospital. Despite the assurance from the doctors that she would be okay, her vitals were shutting down, and she became pale.
He is expected to make a full recovery.
By the time they got to the South Georgia Medical Center, her lungs were already closing up, and her heart rate and blood pressure dropped. According to Spell, the 5-year-old has received up to 37 vials of anti-venom.
Spell lamented her lack of ignorance about snakes, adding that she had never seen one in Georgia and lacked the experience of handling the situation despite warning her children about the possibility of snakes around.
The 5-year-old has regained consciousness and is awake, but her legs remain a big concern as doctors do their best to save them. The venom quickly spread to her thighs, causing them to swell.
Lamica's family has asked the public for prayers as they wait on the doctors to do the best they can to ensure a complete recovery. They also asked parents to educate their children about snake bites and handle such a situation best.
In another story, the mother of a three-year-old girl, bitten by a snake, urges other parents to learn first aid, which she said helped save her daughter's life.
Her grandmother quickly gave the three-year-old Lucia Carna first aid treatment after being bitten by a dugite while playing at home.
Another 4-year-old is lucky to be alive after being bitten by a snake in Palm Springs. A rattlesnake bit the little boy, but he was taken to the hospital following a quick response from medical personnel, where he is expected to make a full recovery.