Prince Harry Denies His 2nd Book Will Address Queen Elizabeth's Passing, Spokesperson Says
The Duke of Sussex recently announced his book deal project, and already there are misinterpretations about what it will cover. A spokesperson cleared the air.
Prince Harry has denied his second book will address Queen Elizabeth’s passing - a spokesperson revealed. Daily Mail reported the royal secured a lucrative four-book deal - with the second due out only after his grandmother has passed on.
However, a spokesperson confirmed to US Weekly that that is not the case as the memoir will not revolve around the 95-year-old monarch.
BOOK DEAL CLAIMS
The spokesperson claims the information about the book deal "with the second due out only after the Queen has died," is in fact, false.
Not to say, Prince Harry, 36, does not have a four-book deal, but that none of his memoirs' releases are reliant upon the family matriarch's health nor her passing.
Notably, the Duke is releasing a book in late 2022 about his life as a royal. The news comes after being consistently open about being a member of the Royal Family over the years.
It also comes after he departed from England with his wife Meghan Markle, leaving their royal duties behind in 2020 and relocating to the US.
The prince who shares two children Archie, 2, and Lilibet, one-month-old, with Markle, 39, announced the book news on July 19 in a statement:
"I'm writing this not as the prince I was born, but as the man, I have become. I've worn many hats over the years, both literally and figuratively, and my hope is that in telling my story."
He continued to say that his story includes all the highs and lows, the faults that he has had along the way, what he learned from them, adding, "I can help show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think."
Industry insiders have stated the tell-all digest revealed by Prince Harry is only “the tip of the iceberg” in reference to how members of the Royal Family reacted to the news.
The former pilot informed his family beforehand before announcing the book and making it public knowledge. A spokesperson told E! News that he privately spoke to his family about the autobiography.
Buckingham Palace declined to comment on the news and told People that "any clarification about the book would be a question for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex."
Meanwhile, the Sussexes are working on their biography titled "Finding Freedom," which is set to get a major update. They are to discuss their "heartbreak" following Prince Philip's passing, including their miscarriage.
The pair’s life story has been updated with a new chapter that publisher HarperCollins shared will recount Markle’s “emotional healing journey from losing a child to the birth of their daughter.”
The first edition, authored by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, was published on August 11, 2020. It is now being updated with an epilogue, set to be released on August 31.
It will also feature the duo's ongoing challenges regarding privacy and the British press and their mourning period for the Duke of Edinburgh, including the latest addition to their family.
Markle and Prince Harry are now a family of four as they welcomed their daughter Lilibet Diana last month. The infant is about to be christened, and amidst all that, the Duke is putting the Queen under pressure to attend the ceremony.
Lilibet follows in the footsteps of her sibling Archie and will be christened in St. George's Chapel in Windsor – with their great-grandmother expected to be in attendance.
Royal insider Angela Levin has described Prince Harry's expectations from the monarch as unreasonable, seeing that she was not present for other royal children's christening previously.
"That puts her in a tough position because she can't say that she is not free for years," Levin told TalkRadio TV, adding the Queen was absent at Prince Louis’ christening and that it is “not a spiteful thing.”