Grieving Mother Puts up Huge Billboard to Remember Beloved Daughter and Warn Other Parents about Fentanyl
A mother has decided to honor her bereaved daughter by warning others regarding the possible side effects of fentanyl. Her young daughter died in June after taking a fentanyl-laced pill.
No matter how strong people claim to be, nothing can ever prepare them for the loss of a loved one. While death is a bitter truth that we all need to accept, knowing that one could have saved a beloved from dying can seem like a huge burden.
An Arlington mother experienced the same trauma when she lost her young daughter because of a single pill. Patricia Salvidar has now made it her life's mission to raise awareness, so other parents don't have to undergo the same horror.
Patricia rented a giant billboard near the AT&T stadium in Arlington, Texas in the loving memory of her daughter. | Photo: twitter.com/MaliniBasu_
Patricia's 22-year-old daughter, Cassandra Salvidar, died in June after swallowing a counterfeit Percocet pill containing the drug fentanyl, which is a potent synthetic opioid. Talking to Good Morning America, Patricia revealed:
"It was a complete shock. I was like what in the world. I didn't know it was possible to lace a medication with fentanyl (sic)."
Apparently, Cassandra had taken a painkiller and had no clue it was laced with fentanyl. Her friends found her lying on the couch, following which she was taken to the hospital, and her family was informed regarding her condition.
But by the time Patricia reached the hospital, her daughter and mother to her 2-year-old grandkid had already passed away. She said that she had no clue how dangerously prevalent fentanyl was in America before she lost her daughter. Further, she added:
"I've asked my family members they didn't know either. And that's what I'm trying to do is spread awareness so that nobody has to go through the same thing I did (sic)."
Patricia also expressed that had she known about how life-threatening fentanyl was, she would have asked her family and friends to be extra cautious. She has finally realized how crucial it is to educate people about taking pills.
A picture of Patricia's daughter, Cassandra Salvidar. | Photo: YouTube.com/CBSDFW
The grieving Texas mom has undertaken serious measures to spread awareness. She spent $2100 on a billboard that has been placed near the AT&T stadium to warn people about how dangerous fentanyl can be. The caption on the board reads:
"1 pill that's all it took. Fentanyl kills. RIP 06/01/21. In memory of my beloved daughter Cassandra."
Moreover, Patricia also went to Bowie High School in Arlington on October 4 to pass out flyers containing information on fentanyl. Cassandra graduated from the same school in 2018.
Cassandra's mom, Patricia, is now raising awareness regarding the possible dangers of drugs, including fentanyl. | Photo: YouTube.com/CBSDFW
Patricia has also set up a GoFundMe to ensure the billboard near AT&T stadium isn't taken off and that nobody ends up losing their children to dangerous drugs like fentanyl. A donor who donated $50 for the fundraiser also shared their thoughts:
"My 17yo son died last November from taking a fentanyl-laced percocet in Richardson. I want to raise awareness to be sure parents know that this stuff is available in every school and park (sic)."
According to a report issued by DEA, the use and availability of drugs have reportedly increased, and more than 130,000 pills were seized in North Texas in the last two months. CDC reported over 93,000 casualties due to drug overdose in America last year.
By undertaking measures to raise awareness, Patricia believes she will be helping save precious lives, thereby keeping her beloved daughter's memory alive forever.
The information in this article is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, and images contained on news.AmoMama.com, or available through news.AmoMama.com is for general information purposes only. news.AmoMama.com does not take responsibility for any action taken as a result of reading this article. Before undertaking any course of treatment please consult with your healthcare provider.