
King Charles' First Appearance Since Andrew's Arrest in Photos
The cameras were already flashing when the King stepped from his car onto The Strand, his expression fixed beneath the glare of London Fashion Week’s opening day.
The appearance marked King Charles III’s first public engagement since the arrest of his brother, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, earlier today — a development that cast an unexpected shadow over the afternoon’s proceedings.
Arriving at NEWGEN 180 Studios on The Strand, the King stepped onto the pavement to a swell of applause mingled with shouted questions about his brother, television crews and photographers pressing behind barriers for a clear view.

King Charles III attends the first day of London Fashion Week at NEWGEN 180 The Strand on February 19, 2026 in London, England. | Source: Getty Images
A few groans cut through the noise as he paused briefly to acknowledge those gathered, offering a nod and several handshakes before moving toward the entrance without adding to his earlier statement.
Maintaining a measured pace, he walked into the venue, pressing ahead with his scheduled duties as the atmosphere outside felt markedly different from the celebratory tone typically associated with the event.

King Charles III | Source: Getty Images
Earlier in the day, Andrew had been taken into custody on suspicion of misconduct in public office. In a statement released shortly afterward, the King said he learned of the development with “deepest concern," adding:
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course."

King Charles III attends the first day of London Fashion Week | Source: Getty Images
He said the matter must now proceed through a full and impartial investigation led by the relevant authorities, adding that it would not be appropriate for him to comment further. In the meantime, he and his family would continue their public duties.
It is understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of the arrest.

King Charles III attends the first day of London Fashion Week at NEWGEN 180 The Strand on February 19, 2026 in London, England | Source: Getty Images
Despite the weight of the moment, Charles continued with his engagements. Before arriving at the fashion event, he conducted three in-person audiences at St James’s Palace around midday, welcoming the ambassadors of Spain and El Salvador, as well as the Kenyan high commissioner. The meetings proceeded as scheduled.
Thames Valley Police confirmed they have opened an investigation into allegations of misconduct in public office.

King Charles III at NEWGEN 180 The Strand on February 19, 2026 in London, England. | Source: Getty Images
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said:
“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office. It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence."

King Charles III attends London Fashion Week on February 19, 2026 in London, England. | Source: Getty Images
The force confirmed that searches are being carried out at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. Images circulating online appeared to show unmarked police vehicles at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate, where Andrew has been living, with plain-clothed officers gathered outside.
The arrest follows renewed scrutiny of Andrew’s past official conduct. Previously released emails by the US Department of Justice appeared to show him forwarding reports of official visits while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.

King Charles III attends the first day of London Fashion Week at NEWGEN 180 The Strand on February 19, 2026 in London, England. | Source: Getty Images
One email dated November 2010 appeared to have been forwarded minutes after it was sent by his then special adviser. Another, dated Christmas Eve 2010, appeared to share a confidential brief concerning investment opportunities linked to the reconstruction of Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
Andrew has denied wrongdoing over his past associations with Jeffrey Epstein but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.

King Charles III on February 19, 2026 in London, England. | Source: Getty Images
The Prince and Princess of Wales are reported to support the King’s statement.
As flashes continued outside 180 The Strand, the King maintained his course, adhering to his public duties without visible deviation.
For now, the inquiry presses on — and the King’s public schedule continues.
